Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by meteor View Post
    Welcome Chloris, great to see someone else from Kildare on board
    Hey! I'm so pleased there are so many Irishers here — and someone from my area, too! I'm not too far from Kildare town. It's usually pretty boggy, wet and clay-ridden here, although the weather's been just gorgeous for the past few days. Everything's sprouting and germinating, so I'm pretty happy.

I'm still a complete newbie though, so no doubt I'll mess everything up soon.

Comment

• Sunny here this morning but with a cold breeze. Yesterday was the strangest I've seen for sometime, opened my curtains first thing to find a snow shower outside, it didn't last long and the sun came out, so I decided to put some plants out to harden off only to have them shredded by the heaviest and biggest hailstones I've seen for years. Sunny in the afternoon but cold wind and the odd sleety shower mixed in as well. Truly four seasons in one day.
      Last edited by meteor; 27-04-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• My new blowaway got thoroughly blown away in the blustery weather yesterday, despite being laden down with breeze blocks (there's a pun in there somewhere...) I came home from work to find seedlings and compost strewn across the garden.

So, now I need to work out another plan for my tomatoes. Has anyone had any luck growing tomatoes outside in Southern Ireland?

Comment

• Fantastic day here today, temp got up to 24deg.We have waited for this kind of weather for so long.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Beautiful weather, we are appreciating every minute
            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Originally posted by chloris View Post
              My new blowaway got thoroughly blown away in the blustery weather yesterday, despite being laden down with breeze blocks (there's a pun in there somewhere...) I came home from work to find seedlings and compost strewn across the garden.

So, now I need to work out another plan for my tomatoes. Has anyone had any luck growing tomatoes outside in Southern Ireland?
              Yes you will be able to grow them outside once you have somewhere to grow them first until you can leave them outside permanently
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks, Tripmeup. The toms are all surviving, at any rate. Hopefully we won't get some freak late frost! It's been just glorious lately. It's almost tropical here in Kildare today!

Anyone planning to go to Bloom this weekend? I've never been before, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

• Not going this year as I will be away.
                  Went the last few years and it was so enjoyable.
                  If you are driving be prepared for a long queue of cars and probably a bit of a walk back from the car park.
                  You might also like to know there is facilities to bring your own picnic if you so wish.
                  Its a great dsy out especially if you get the weather.
                  Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• absolutely beautiful day here
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• Fabulous here too

Comment

• Today it is grey windy and rainy, the sort of day that's usually quite chilly, but it's actually weirdly hot, the air feels hot almost tropical, very unusual.

Comment

• Beautiful sunny day here yesterday and today with the temp hitting 25 deg.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a miserble day. Awoke to rain this morning and 12 hours later and its still raining.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X