No announcement yet.

Southern Ireland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We saw a yellow orb in the sky on Saturday, that seemed to give some warmth to the ground!!! 'Twas but a fleeting illusion though, as we were back to the wet stuff yesterday (lashing most of the day).

Today it is cloudy, but not too dull (high enough clouds), and cool but dry (13 degrees this morning, but a few degrees warmer now). Still chilly enough to have worn a jumper to work for the first time this autumn....

Comment

Blimey Winged - I was out pruning my currant bushes in a T-shirt this afternoon - 19 C and sunshiny (bit of a shock mind )

Comment

Piddling down all day yesterday, and today we awoke to sunshine and warmth!! A lovely autumn day in Dublin today - even warm enough to go out without a jacket, which makes a nice change!

Comment

Quite a nice morning weatherwise. However in the afternoon all changed. Black sky and thundery rain. Change in the temp tonight, gone really cool for the first time this autumn.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Today was lovely - cold but sunny. As soon as the sun dips though, it's bliddy freezing !!!
            Time for the thicker duvet I reckon.

Comment

weather has been cold over the Christmas, but nothing like the british isles. No rain, a little sunshine most days and cold and sometimes frosty nights.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

And very changeable too. Last night at 10.30 pm we had to de ice the car to get home and were slipping on uicy driveways to do that. This morning at 6.45am it was raining (drizzly icky rain) and by 10am it was blazing sunshine although bitterly cold again.

Clouds have just pulled across the sky, as the sun sets (like a duvet to keep us warmer tonight) and they are nice and high (so hopefully it will stay dry too). Lovely colours outside my office window to distract me from serious economic type stuff - lovely!!

Comment

After almost continuous rain since the summer, (except 10 days in September)its actually been a nice dry couple of weeks here with just the odd spell of rain, we're starting to clear and dig the ground over ready for the big kick off later this month.

Here's to a much much much dryer, warmer and calmer year for all, so that we can all grow our veggies and actually get to eat them as well this year

cheers,

KC
                  Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

A beautiful day yesterday (Wed) sunshine and lovely bright clear sky.
                    Today, gale force winds with driving rain tonight. absolutely awful.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

What can i say about the weather. For the past week we have had snow sleet, hail rain and gale force icy winds. Must be the worst winter for a very long time.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

A nice day today. Dry, sunny but bitter cold.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

..been a nice couple of weeks here in the West. Mild, no real rain, just the odd bit of drizzle... Lovely gardening weather to tackle the weed-infested plot

Comment

ha ha ha ha
                            snowed in Clare today - and more forecast for tomorrow

teach me to put in my onion sets.... :cross face:

Comment

Glorious day today, bright and sunny although there was still a nip in the air.

Dublin City absolutely thronged with people watching the parade which was great.

Brilliant atmosphere and my granddaughter just loved every minute.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Miserable and wet here today. The last few days wer'nt too bad although the breeze is still very nippy.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X