No announcement yet.

Southern Ireland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloudy and dull, raining, cold (12 degrees) - only good thing is that it's still fairly calm.

Comment

Rained the whole day on Saturday. Woke up to torrential rain and gale force winds on Sunday morning. Rain stopped about 2 o'clock but wind continued. Checked my outdoor toms today and two had blown right over. Staked them back up but it could have been much worse.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

yet another day of rain and grey skies. we even had thunder ans lightening this morning. So much for the irish summer.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I can hear the wind gusting outside - around 30mph at least - not looking forward to seeing whats left of my plastic greenhouses in the morning even though the frames are tied to numerous cement blocks and the plastic itself is tied to and held down by more cement blocks! This is exactly why I don't grow cus and alot of other stuff outside - midsummer indeed
          Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Yet more rain. It's cool (about 16 degrees) and the sun is (just in the past 5 mins) trying to come out from behind the clouds. It is continuing to rain though. Great for the plants, but I really need to get weeding (couldn't seee the tomatoes last weekend!!)

Comment

Weather here a lot better than yesterday. No rain and a bit of sunshine but temp still down considering its July. My first toms just turning red in the greenhoust-at last.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

And then it rained all Friday afternoon and evening, and a lot of Saturday. And some of Sunday (although we did see some sun on Sunday afternoon). Monday - mainly cloudy and dry but it lashed rain at lunchtime. Yesterday, the sun peeped out for about 20 minutes, but it did stay dry all day.

Today, it was drizzly when we woke (about 6.30am) and has descended rapidly into wet, dull, wintery weather. Currently only 13 degrees and the forecast is for one month's worth of rain to fall today alone!! (And the local authority was running water conservation ads this morning!!!).

Comment

Weather a little better today though not by much. It is'nt raining at the mo and i can see some blue sky where the sun is trying to peep out among the grey clouds. As for the last few days. More of the same, grey skies, showers andcomplete dullness. Temp today is 15deg.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

warm and damp in Co Clare - has been like this for most of June & July... potato blight and midges abound.. but hey.....

At least the rain's swelled the onions

Comment

Weather in rural County Limerick

Rain here too - most of June and all of July so far. No sign of blight on the potatoes, yet - but give it time.

First tomatoes STILL not red in the tunnel.

We bought a max min thermometer for the tunnal yesterday - I'll be able to give you figures (not that I expect they will be very cheering)

Comment

It is not too bad in Dublin today - the sun shone for a good portion of the morning, it was 16 degrees at about 11am, and although it's now gone cloudy again, it's a high and relatively white kinda cloud (although dense enough to blot out all blue).

Forecast for this week doesn't look too bad though.

Comment

We had 2 nice days of sunshine and heat on Sunday and yesterday. But last night, I was soothed to sleep, first by a thunder and lightening storm (took about 45 mins but never got closer than about 7 miles) and then by a heavy, drenching rain which lasted all night. So the air is much fresher today and the plot has gotten a good soaking!!

Comment

well the rain started yesterday and has been more or less constant for 2 days now and forecast till Saturday...

Was in Dublin last weekend and my mate in Drumcondra area was flooded out, poor lass

Comment

Well, there hasn't been much relief from the wet stuff since Twinkle's last report.

Today, the M50 is flooded again, and the temp has taken a distinct dip (only 13 degrees today). It was quite windy as well this morning, but has calmed down slightly now (and the rain has almost stopped, temporarily, but I can see more clouds coming on the Met Eireann radar).

Comment

Rain and windy again today. A little bit of brightness this afternoon with the sun really struggling to come out. Raining again now with a grey sky.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X