No announcement yet.

Southern Ireland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my goodness, what a month! Thick trecherous ice, snow, frozen snow, rain (which just froze on top of the existing snow and ice), minus 5 and 6. Snow finally disappeared the day before yesterday, but was back yesterday afternoon, but not as bad as before. A lot of heavy rain on lower ground which froze again last night. Gales too. Outlook poor for the weekend.
    A good beginning is half the work.
    Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

• Finally, we've got snow. Went to a new years party last night and when it came time to go home we emerged to a different world. Beautiful white wonderland but what a treacherous road to be driving.
      Fortunately we had a non drinking driver and we finally reached home at about 3 o'clock this morning, tired but safe.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• More snow for us on New Years Eve too, followed by severe frost. Luckily we didn't have far to walk home after the celebrations. There's no way I would drive on it. No thaw at all yesterday, just more snow on higher ground. Had to venture out to work this morning and was surprised to find that conditions had improved on the lower roads and in the village. Still extremely cold though.

Comment

• A lovely afternoon to poke around in the garden and tunnel today, as long as you were well wrapped up. Cold and brisk but good tidying up weather for gathering pots and equipment for cleaning and doing a bit of a tidy in the tunnel. Good for the soul to be able to do something outside for an hour.
          Suzie Spud

Comment

• Ah Suzie, don't rub it in! This is usually my time for getting out there to do what you're doing! The growing bug always bites me in January and this year is no different. Although its too early to actually grow, I get into prep mode and tackle everything so I'm ready for March. Unfortunately more snow and freezing temps yesterday and this morning mean I can't even think about doing anything outside.

Comment

• More snow overnight. Temps have improved slightly and its lovely and bright, but the chill just freezes you bones! Despite the sunshine there's no thaw to speak of, at least on high ground. Roads continue to be death traps, with the council being selective in there choice. The steep hills that take most of the traffic are still ignored. Pity I didn't have my camera with me this morning when three brave (Sarcastic) motorists tried to drive up one. I could have made a fortune on you've been framed!

Comment

• Snow again last night, and a few light flurries today. Bitterly cold. Minus 3 at 10am. The sky is grey and heavy.

Comment

• Yesterday's snow heavier on the mountain. Little or no snow on lower ground over night, but another severe frost. Minus 4 at 8am this morning.

Comment

• Minus 7 at 9.30am!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

• No fresh snowfalls since yesterday, but its really cold. Freezing fog last night and minus 12. Minus 8 at 10am today, minus 4 at 3pm, minus 8 now. More freezing fog starting to decend. Looks like another cold one folks. Wrap up, and snuggle up well.

Comment

• Brrrrrr! Another Freezing night. Not sure how low it got but I'd say it equalled if not surpassed the previous night. That freezing fog lingered all night and was followed by snow from early on. It's intermittant since. About minus 4 at the moment.

Comment

• Today was a lovely bright sunny day. No rain, light wind, blue sky and sunshine. Temp round 6deg. Lovely bright evening andnot getting dark until after 5o'clock. Its getting better.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A damp dark day today. Very wet this morning, heavy drizzle now. Thankfully the high winds of the weekend have abated. Mild.

Comment

• Oh Sweetiepea, we are having a beautiful day here. Bright blue skies and sunshine. Have spent the day in the garden and greenhouse tidying up the rubbish.
                              There was a real feel of spring in the air with all the birds singing.
                              Hope you get some of this tomorrow.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We're not that far apart Bramble but its like two different worlds! Today is definately an improvement on yesterday though. It is dry but is still dark and dreary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X