It's that time again folks!!!!
    Get the fleece ready !
    Who will be the first this year ?????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

What does the winner get?

KK

Comment

Ohh, dont, I haven't had my summer holiday yet ... ! No doubt will come to frost tho, a timely reminder to protect things before I go, so thank you.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post

KK
        Cold fingers !!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks Nico's,

Just been on to metcheck.com I am forecast 1c Saturday night and I am away this weekend

I don't have enough fleece for everything, what shall i keep cosy and what can suffer

Think the tatties and corn will win

Mandy

Comment

Oh Mandy, I've just checked the forecast too. 1 degree overnight . And my corn is srill out there. Think I better get all the fleece out and keep my fingers crossed.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Alice,

I have planted up loads of potatoes which I will need to cover, all of my corn, salads, courgettes etc Do you think brocolli will be ok?

Not worried about the cabbage, carrots, cauli etc After all this lovely sun I have not given frost a thought and I am not prepared!

Mandy

Comment

We get these warnings every year about this time. They rarely seem to come to anything yet (not since global warming kicked in anyway!) except in the very exposed areas. Last year we didn't get a frost of any description until after Christmas which was exceptional and pretty weird really.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I think your brocolli will be OK Mandy. I just hope the forecasters have it wrong and there is no frost. I find metcheck quite pessimistic about temperatures and hope it will be a bit warmer than they say.

Comment

I think your brocolli will be OK Mandy. I've checked the forecast on several sites and the forecasters are all over the place on this one. Everything from 12 degrees to minus 3 on offer. I think we just have to hope for the best. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post

KK
                      No Christmas tatties!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Do I REALLY have to start protecting things this early?? I dont have any fleece yet, was waiting for the birthday fairy in october!
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Frost for us tonight apparently. Well early tomorrow morning, when the wind dies down (blowing a gale at the moment). It feels absolutely freezing at the moment, we have wintry showers forecast for later tonight as well and not just on high ground either.

I need to find my gloves and hat and I was sooooo glad I had my boots on today. Definately be packing away the summer clothes this weekend - not worn this year yet! Apparently our top temperature for the whole summer was 16 degrees.
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

we don't get frost till February ...
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We are forecast 0°C on Tuesday night with a "RealFeel" of -1°C

KK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X