Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First frost date 2018/19 ...for your records.

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1C this morning in Chesham, Bucks. Had to scrape ice off the wife's car at 06:30

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
      Is it me, or is it crazy early? I'm not complaining, it's been a good year and I'm happy with it. Just a bit bonkers!
      A year of extremes eh?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

No frost here yet but trees/plants seem to be turning earlier here this year

Comment

Another frost last night...my courgette skins have certainly toughened up!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

First frost here last night. Shame I’d forgotten to shut the gh door....

Comment

First day of scraping ice off the windscreen to get to work.
              Hopefully the sprouting grass seed won’t all die....

Comment

Our coldest up to yet was on the 7th of this month with a low of 1.9c in my GH.

Toms are still doing ok in there though.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

First frost this morning. A week to ten days later than most years, but hard enough for a mm or so of ice to form on puddles.

Comment

First frost yesterday - just a dusting on the roof. This morning, some of the grass (can't describe it as lawn) still has frost on it.
                    It may have been a lot worse earlier but I don't get up too early to see it.

I suppose it's only yo be expected now we are heading towards Nicos's pointy stick

Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-10-2018, 10:45 AM. Reason: Mod's seeking revenge!

Comment

I've had white frost for last few days. Polytunnel down to -2. Think this is early for here. normally into November. Oh - that is Thursday

Will have to move the butternut squash into byre and hope they are still ok.

update....

Just back from polly - was -3.5 last night
                      Last edited by 4Shoes; 30-10-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Had the first touch of frost the other week, not quite hard enough yet to finish off the oca or mashua.

Also had snow, sleet, hail and ice. That was Saturday morning.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Last night was the first minus temps inside my greenhouse, -2...………..brrrrrr

Comment

Thats tropical Burnie, -3.2 in greenhouse here, end of the remaining tomatoes all look purple and wilted

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Our coldest up to yet was on the 7th of this month with a low of 1.9c in my GH.

Toms are still doing ok in there though.
                              Not as cold as some have had it but yesterday was my coldest GH temp this season at - 0.2c.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Kingston upon Thames Frost

Am I safe to uncover my tender plants or is it too early. Lost a rhododendron last year due to late Frost.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X