Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What moss is this?

Didn't know where else to post this.

I've plenty of moss growing in the garden, not a problem for me at all. A friend is looking for some to repot a Sarracenia but he thinks it has to be Sphagnum. Can't get it here in France - some stuff they just don't do.

Any moss experts out there want to try and identify this for me?
    Good luck!
    Attached Files

Not a mos expert......................but it looks like sphagnum to me.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Do you have a bog garden? It looks a bit like Sphagnum but unless your garden is virtually standing water, it's unlikely... besides, this moss seems to have more 'structure' to it than Sphagnum.

I'm not a moss expert either - but I flatter myself that I know a thing or two about Sphagnum

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I have three which are growing in compost made with peat formed from sphagnum. I bought spare compost when I purchased the plants.

This is worth a look https://www.carnivorousplants.co.uk/...e-sarracenias/

It's wrong time of year now but it may be worth going to shows which have carnivorous plant vendors there and get compost from them. It should keep as its fertiliser free.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X