No announcement yet.

Hand Care ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm With Nicos. Washing your hair is the best answer to getting your nails clean.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I don't wear Gloves unless I doing anything with Manure - Which end of the animal did it come from!

As to cleaning your hands, If you haven't got swarfege then Washing powder & fairy liquid is a good substitue & it keep your hands soft
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief
        fairy liquid is a good substitue & it keep your hands soft
        Isn't that hands that do dishes, and it have to be of the mild green variety?
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I find that a little lard removes all types of tar and paint from my hands. Gloss paint can be really hard to remove otherwise. Perhaps this would also help re-hydrate the skin and remove the ingrained dirt too?
          Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Sal
            I swear by Swarfega and a scrubbing brush and then Hemp Hand Protector from the Body Shop - yes I said hemp. You can't miss it, it's in a metal tube with a big canabis leaf on the front of the label. Its very very good. 2nd best to that is Nutrogena but this is tested on animals and someone once told me that whale blubber was one of the ingredients!!!!
            I totally agree!!
            Body Shop Hemp hand cream is the very best. Smells good too, nearly as good as the real thing.
            Neutrogena is the next best thing but then would n't you expect 'Norwegian formula' to have a sniff of whale in it?

Comment

What was the stuff developed for North sea fishermen, was that Neutrogena?

And as to fairy, we sometimes use the Green stuff but I think its the floral job at the moment
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Nick
                Correct - Neutrogena was developed for the norwegian fishermen.
                Rat

British by birth
                Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Geordie
                  I`m Angie from Gateshead but living in Stevenage I`m getting an allotment soon & I could really do with some advice on choosing one then what to start doing first
                  Angie

Comment

If you ever get desperate and nothing in the bathroom go to the pantry and rub granulated sugar and oil or I'm sorry this is a bit yucky make pastry or bread !!

Comment

Hi there,

I've been given something called 'Gloves in a Bottle' to try which apparently is great for gnarled gardening hands - will let you know how I get on...

Sooz
                      Never say never....

Comment

I've been using Gloves in a Bottle for a few weeks as I get bad dermatitis on my hands and it is quite good but no way does it last as long as they say! I generally apply it and then put disposable gloves on top.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X