No announcement yet.

Fuchsia berries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looked at T&M's site. They are showing 10 "Postiplugs" (8-12cm top to toe) £17.99, but only £2.99 with an order. £1.80 a plug is OTT as other growers are selling larger plants a lot cheaper. It's a case of ratcheting the price to give a superficial saving.

Their puff, such as unlike other varieties they will flower despite bearing berries is BS. Not seen any of mine stop flowering when fruiting. Don't know if it's me, but looking at their thumbnails the flower on the bowl of berries is not the same variety as that on the plant!

I await taste tests with interest. So far all berries I've tried from my many varieties have been insipid.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Originally posted by joesher99 View Post
      Can anyone who has grown the T&M fuchsia berries tell me what the taste and texture are like? They are on offer for £1.99 for 10 plugs and I wondered why they are selling them so cheaply.
      Mine are unlikely to flower this year. They have a lot of growing to do before they're big enough to do much.

Comment

I must have miss this thread before,mine are on their way,i only saw them for 2.99 when i spent my mom voucher ,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well, mine have had beautiful huge flowers on them now for ages and I was looking forward to the berries. Have just gone out and all the flower heads and buds have been pulled off, including also flowers off a petunia...any ideas who the culprit is?
          sigpic

Comment

Probably birds. Parakeets have been decapitating my roses.
            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Well we have pigeons, crows and magpies here...blooming murder them if I see them at it!!!!

Thanks Danny, it's so annoying have hardly had a chance to enjoy the blooming things!
              sigpic

Comment

Pigeons are still enjoying pulling the flowers heads of these but the ones which have survived now have lovely big juicy berries on them. Has anyone tried them yet? Bleugh!! Yuk!
                sigpic

Comment

They aren't anything special, that's for sure! I've been snacking on berries from my fuchsia and they're ok as a hit of something sweet but have absolutely no flavour.
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X