Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rary
    replied
    Highlander I lost a thriving wormery to the flatworm, I have since set up a new wormery, I set it up an a raised platform and greased the platform legs, so far it has kept them out, and if you are using anything from the garden cabbage leaves etc. I would suggest microwaving them first.

Leave a comment:

• Highlander
    replied
    A wormery question.
    I have a commercial wormery (small wheely bin shape type) which I used with great results. When I moved I liberated the worms and would like to begin again when the weather warms up. I know I can get worms to start a colony in the bin but I am wondering if it will be safe from NZ flatworms which seem to thrive in my garden. I do not intend to use anything straight from the soil but wonder if the flatworms can climb into the bin!

Leave a comment:

• jimslad
    replied
    Originally posted by shushkin! View Post
    I also had the horsetail problem and found I had to first crush (I basically stamped on it! lol) the silica rich weed before the weedkiller could be absorbed through its otherwise impermeable silica coating and kill it. I found horsetail growing in both nutrient rich and impoverished soils. Good luck with your scheme.
    Yes that's pretty much what I've heard about the crushing then killing , I can but try .

Leave a comment:

• shushkin!
    replied
    I also had the horsetail problem and found I had to first crush (I basically stamped on it! lol) the silica rich weed before the weedkiller could be absorbed through its otherwise impermeable silica coating and kill it. I found horsetail growing in both nutrient rich and impoverished soils. Good luck with your scheme.

Leave a comment:

• jimslad
    started a topic my wormery ?

my wormery ?

I have a wormery , well its a big tub with holes 4ft x 2 ft , but I want to make another , my idea is to use 3 old grocery baskets the plastic stacking type , about 3ft x 18ins , I reckon that if I fill the bottom one, and put the worms in , I can then stack another on top when the bottom one is being "eaten " I could do this to a height of 3 crates and when the bottom one is ready I would empty and put it on the top . my new allotment is full of mares tail , which I sprayed 3 times and seems to have been given "A fright " According to my research Horse/Mares tail grows on impoverished ground , if I'm correct ,The tea from the wormery could only help the ground and I could move the crates each time I empty the bottom one , anyone think this is an idea ?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X