Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any fellow Skiprats on here? Whats your best find?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They dont have skips here in France, nor charity shops (except Emaus). There isnt even a second hand shop in town. The jumble sale/boot fairs are almost all 'antiques' and French e bay is crap.
    When I come to England I hit the charity shops .........
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

I recently retrieved a nice wood framed long mirror, attache case and mugs from a skip. I rang doorbell to check if it was ok but no answer. I cant believe how folk will chuck perfectly good gear. I wish they would take it to the charity shop down the road instead.

Comment

I'm not exactly a skiprat but when I went to the tip the other day with real rubbish I picked up a 25m unopened roll of landscape membrane. Some people must have more money than sense!!!
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Four very large water containers - the kind you get in office/hospital water dispensers - have used them as cloches for years. If it gets too cold I plug up the spout with a bit of fleece.

The ones you buy cost a fortune and don't last, glass ones are gorgeous but you need a second mortgage to buy one and I would imagine are too fragile to survive an allotment!

Comment

A 6x8 greenhouse with glass - as I asked for it before they had broken it into bits! lots and lots of plastic pots and a roll of plastic sheeting thick enough to make a cold frame top
            2 sisters
            1 allotment
            0 idea

Comment

A free greenhouse, now thats a result.

As a cat person I just love your name. lol I wish I had thought of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X