Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shushkin! View Post
    blimey the barefaced cheek of some folk LOL

Its sounds as if you have dont really well veggie from freecycle.
    I don't often ask for anything but I did ask for unwanted seeds!! once - just to scatter them on a new bit of ground. Two people offered me seeds and delivered them to the house while I was out - so posted them through the letterbox!! I could hardly open the front door when I got home, the porch was stuffed with seeds. One lot must have been shop surplus as there were bucket loads of beans and peas. I scattered them all and had one of the best crops of broad beans ever
    At this very moment, I have asked for an aquarium, with lights and heater - not for fish but to use as a growlight thingy through the winter Doubt that I'll get it - its 4' long so would need a lot of room anyway

Comment

I've "relocated" a pond pump and filter and have been fortunate enough to get an 8 x 6 greenhouse with extra glass panels. It took us five hours to dismantle it and get it home but it was worth it even though we got soaked in a couple of sudden downpours of rain and hail. It will be my allotment winter project.
      Built for comfort, not speed!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan79 View Post
        Someone posted that they wanted a Jaguar XJ something or other in the last month on the one i'm part of!!!

Best thing i've ever recieved was about 5 big bags of woodchip for the garden! I'm just about to ask people for empty Grolsch bottles as i'm going to make cider next week and will want something to store it in!

To be fair, they ask for a non runner old one to restore....

Ahhh...so it's you that's asking for bottles

I just got a fridge freezer last night for a friend

Comment

I love Freegle/Freecycle too and I've given away and received loads of stuff! When OH and I moved we gave away loads of furniture and it's great to see people making use of something we no longer need. I also give away lots of surplus plants and some surplus veg once friends and family have had enough!

Whenever having a clear out all sorts of odds and s*ds go on Freegle as you never know what someone else can make use of!

I've also been really lucky and got my lottie shed, the 6x8 greenhouse in my garden, couple of water buts, old plant pots, old jars etc. from Freegle. I don't tend to ask for things although I have a couple of times but do respond when others offer.

I guess my pet peeves are the same as most other peoples. People asking for seemingly extravagent things doesn't bother me too much but does make me chuckle. I've seen boats and leather sofas etc. offered so I can see why people would try and ask for them too but the requests for perfect condition etc. do make me roll my eyes!

The thing I hate most are some of the short, sharp responses to the 'offered' posts I put up. I immediately delete any that just say anything along the lines of 'I want give me address', 'omg ive been loking for just that can you deliver' (both actual replies I've had! ) and I usually ignore any that don't actually say what the item is as I suspect some are automatic replies.

I really can't believe how rude some people can be!
          http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I have given away loads of things on freegle over the years - among them a garden shredder (which had the cut off disabled to make it work - I made sure the recipient understood what he was doing -he said, 'don't worry I am an engineer!') a petrol driven tiller, clothing, cuttings from my Myrtle shrub - all sorts of things.
            I have also received quite a few things including a shelf unit for my allotment shed, old vinyl flooring for the same shed, garden seats for the gardening club, a small sofa bed and a baby stair gate to stop the puppy rampaging all round the rooms upstairs! I have also been directed to a local stables where I can bag up and take as much well rotted manure as I can fit in the car!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X