Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinky_doo View Post
    preston city council do the same they collect every 2 weeks
    the only problem is our general waste is attracting loads of flies and makes quite a stink in the hot weather
    we pay our council tax for them to collect our garden waste which they then compost and then sell it on making more money out of us cheeky buggers
    They do this in Croydon but occasionally give you 3 bags free, but you must supply and load your own bags. So I load up the Shogun with fellow allotmenteers and take my trailler and 3 one Ton builders bags and we load up....... he he he.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

We have brown bins but we are only allowed to put garden waste in them not kitchen waste. they only get my hardy weeds and anything to gross or large to go in my compost bin.

Comment

I live in Luton - at the begining of June we got the same Blackwell offer for 220lt bins for £12 on a poster through the door. I ordered one and I am still waiting. I have called them about 15 times in total asking where it is and when it will be delivered. I got a letter yesterday saying that due to high demand they can not tell me when it will be delivered and they have refunded my account with the money and will debit it again once they have commited their order.

I personally feel like writing to the council and telling them what a poor service I have had and tell them to sort there suppliers out before offering a service.

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!!!!!!!

I am currently using my brown bin as a compost - has anyone got any ideas how i can get it to break down. it all just looks like smally stodge at the moment.

Comment

Siverfox, I would definitely write to the council and complain, your council tax will be subsidizing this offer in some way. You could also point out that they have a legal and moral responsibility to encourage recycling, which is why most councils have started to offer compost bins.

Comment

got off my hols this week and my compost bins have arrived only taken 4 wks
            PRESTON NORTH END
            xbox gamertag billybobs
            add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Blackkitty I took your advise and wrote to the Council. After a call 10 mins after sending the email, they have sorted it out and my posts came yesterday.

Lets just hope they forget to charge

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
                ....Because I work with this crowd, our staff kitchen now has a Bran composter for all the T-bags etc....
                Hey Jennie whats a Bran composter?
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Hi folks, my 2 extra compost bins (330l) have just arrived (already got one in the garden). Also got a nice little silver coloured caddy with lid to go on kitchen counter for waste. Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool Council will let you have up to a maximum of 3 x 330L bins FREE! It's amazing other councils make you pay, especially with the amount of council tax we all pay. We've also got a bin for household rubbish, a bin for garden waste (so the council can make their own compost and sell it back to us - which they do!), a bag for plastic containers and tins, a box for glass, a bag for newspapers and mags and another bag for clothes, shoes etc.

Comment

Did anyone watch Richard and Judy last night - about the spy cameras in your bins. They record what you put in your bin's etc….. I cant believe it!!!!
                    Don't get me wrong I do recycle and I do put stuff in a bin for compost (an old one I was using until yesterday). But my back garden is 4M by 6M and I do not have a front garden and they expect me to keep a 4 person black bin, a 2 person green bin, and a 4 person brown bin. I also have to allocate a space for glass before taking it to the recycle centre (this is my own personal choice to do so). I have a shed and as you can guess very little space to sit and enjoy the garden.
                    I have tried leaving the bins out on the path outside my house but I got red stickers put on them telling me if I didn't move them they would be taken away. WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO.

Comment

do you ever fill the 4 person bins? if not ask the coucil to swap them for smaller 2 person bins

Comment

Think I'll do that. The only time I have ever filled it is when I had a spring clean (that was a very very long time ago ha ha ha ha).

Comment

I now have 3 330ltr compost bins (free from Lancashire County Council) yay!

A black (unrecycleables) wheelie bin
                          A blue (recycleable paper) wheelie bin
                          A green (compostable waste) wheelie bin
                          A green (glass/plastic/foil/clothes) box

Of course, all the bins go out on some sort of fortnightly schedule, so they are always jammed full to bursting!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X