• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco has 5 litre bottles of "mountain spring" water for 95p

Comment

Originally posted by Chiana View Post
      Thanks for that.....will go and have a look as its part of the store I never go to.....tend to wander down the wines and spirits dept in preference! LOL
      Bernie aka Dexterdog
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

i am starting to use cake tubs
        the ones from morrisins that contain little cakes they come with lids and make good propagaters
        PRESTON NORTH END
        xbox gamertag billybobs
        add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Originally posted by Gourdon bennet View Post
          Please does anyone know where I may get some emptly water containers.:
          The companys collect them when they deliver more water. But back at the depot they are checked and the well used ones are dumped...in a skip then sent off for chipping to be used in plastics...but the firm have to pay to have them removed.

I have about 50 on my plot. I cut the flat end off with an angle grider and leave the open end for ventilation and watering. Work great on Coliflowers keep the slugs out.

Some people cut the top off and used them the other way up. We went up the depot last year with a couple of transits and then sold them at our trading hut for 50p each....made a fortune for club funds and the compay was well happy to be shot of them.

I will take a photo tomorrow of my plot with them on.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Here is a pic of my plot with the bottles on it.
            Attached Files
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

The company we had at work used to charge £1 deposit. Looking at the cost of buying and postage above, that was a bargain! Unfortunately it was the school that would have paid - and as I was in charge of the budget I'd have had an auditor's boot up me bum sharpo!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well done Nog! Your water bottle/cloches look fabulous!
                Bernie aka Dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                  Well done Nog! Your water bottle/cloches look fabulous!
                  Bernie aka Dexterdog
                  Thanks the bin has parsnips in it. Cos we are on clay they don't grow...well they are about 3inch across and 1/2 inch deep.

Comment

Im growing some large parsnip seeds in the old legs from my bosses desk! They are metal with a plastic base on the bottom which is OK for drainage - Ive filled them with compost and planted a couple of extra large parsnip seeds in each - we'll have to compare notes!
                    Bernie aka Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

LOL DDL! Can't wait to go into my bosses office next week and ask for the legs off his desk!
                      ~
                      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by Chiana View Post
                        Finally got down to Tesco tonight and purchased a couple, just to try. The water will go for feeding my seedlings and then I will use the bottles. Thanks for the advice!
                        Bernie aka Dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
                          LOL DDL! Can't wait to go into my bosses office next week and ask for the legs off his desk!
                          To be fair, he had got a new desk and was just going to junk the old one. Ive used the main piece of wood in my greenhouse as a top to my staging so I can plant seeds, a couple of smaller pieces I used as shelves, the drawers underneath are now being used as storage in my shed and the legs.......at least two are sprouting already!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
                          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

May be a silly question but on an exposewd site how wpould you stop the bottles blowing away If planted more than a couple of inches in soil they wouldnt cover much in the way of caulis

Comment

Originally posted by has-bean View Post
                              May be a silly question but on an exposewd site how wpould you stop the bottles blowing away If planted more than a couple of inches in soil they wouldnt cover much in the way of caulis
                              Um er, not sure was going to use them in my sheltered back garden. Would guess you would have to drill small holes then use pieces of wire through and deep into the ground.....any other ideas peeps?

Bernie aka Dexterdog
                              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by has-bean View Post
                                I just push them in the soil and they stay there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X