• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope there's some left tomorrow for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu_R View Post
      Hope there's some left tomorrow for me.
      I reserved 15 bags on-line on Saturday and picked them up today. Already used on my new beds, which have had several inches of horse manure and leaf mulch working it's magic since Nov. So just gave the surface another little stir and then added the compost on top, then covered the beds with with the opened up bags, black side up. Leave the worms to mix a little for me, until I plant them up with a range of courgettes and squash plants in a couple of months time.

I will go back on-line and odered some more, as the young lad who loaded them into my car, said they had absolutely loads delivered just for the promotion. I like adding a final layer of bought compost to new raised beds, but once they are established they just get allotment compost. Hadn't expected to use so much today though, might have got carried away a bit, as it did look lovely and rich, before I covered it up from the elements.

Great to hear about these deals, Morrisons usually do a good promo on growbags later on too, so I'll flag that up when I spot it.

Comment

picked up 15 this morning.
        Brand new pallet load of the stuff outside the front so I didn't even have to trudge all the way to garden section

Comment

I'm pleased for you Stu, I was worried you wouldn't get any

Comment

I'm off there now - planning on using up all these pound coins I have all over the shop!

Comment

Originally posted by SarahStrawberry View Post
              I'm pleased for you Stu, I was worried you wouldn't get any
              yeah, thought Id be picking up tatty leftovers.
              They are doing 3 x 60 litre bags for a tenner tho so it wouldn't have been to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu_R View Post
                yeah, thought Id be picking up tatty leftovers.
                They are doing 3 x 60 litre bags for a tenner tho so it wouldn't have been to bad.
                That's still a great bargain as well !

Comment

Morrisons 40lt 2 for £5!

Think they are £3.99 each, or 2 for £5. Bargain!

Comment

what is it, compost?
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

That would help if I said wouldn't it?!

Yes multi-purpose compost.

Comment

I bought some last year but ended up taking it back for a refund. It was the worst compost I've bought in 15 years of gardening.

Comment

Seems a shame to miss out.

A wide Selection of Vegetable seeds for 35p including Tomatoes and Much More
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Massive Lidl event....sorry

LIDL
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Cheers BM, might have a trip there tomorrow.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thanks for the temptation BM, good bargains to be had on that site.
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X