• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine arrived last week now all sown

Comment

• Originally posted by northepaul View Post
      Whats the RHS grow your own pack?
      Paul it was free seeds that were mentioned on this thread the offer has closed now though.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-04-2010, 05:58 PM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
        P.S.

Botheration!! I knocked the eggcup holding the unknown seeds on the floor. Coconut matting I will add. Found 6 with a magnifying glass and have set them. They look like celery seeds to me but we shall wait and see.
        Any signs of germination in the mat yet?
        That could prove amusing... though probably more so in retrospect than at the time.

Comment

• mine arrived this afternoon, don't you just love freebies....and all seeds I haven't got, can't wait to start now.

Comment

• Am I the only one that thinks this is deplorable ?
            This is paid for by the TV licence payers, to encourage people,that haven't done so before to grow their own.
            Why are all you people, who are already veg growers trying to get these freebies?
            I'm sorry if this upsets people, but I really have no time for freeloaders.
            Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• As we all pay for the licence, I don't see why we shouldn't profit by obtaining the seeds. To be honest, they are probably more likely to be used successfully by us than by some of the people who apply and don't ever get around to sowing them. The licence fee won't be reduced if we don't have them. Mine will be sown by my students at school to raise money for charity. Most of them won't even have seen the offer, so they won't have got the seeds, but mine will be used for this purpose.
              Last edited by BarleySugar; 18-04-2010, 01:05 PM.
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Rocketron - if there's anyone here who doesn't have TV licence... maybe you've got a point - but then they've probably contributed to the £300-ish-million of money the BBC gets from the government (i.e. from us) anyway.

Where do you stand on my position though? First year of GYO but already intended to grow and had a few seeds? What if I didn't already have seeds and just intended to grow.

Barleysugar - sounds like that's a really good use of the seeds. Are you going to be selling the plants or the produce? Or have you got some other scheme thought up?

Comment

• They advertise it on gardeners world though - which presumably is an audience of people that grow stuff already. I haven't personally seen it advertised elsewhere aimed at adults. I'm presuming the ceebies versions has a separate allocation of seeds.

Comment

• Hello there, I work for the BBC Dig In team and just received an alert to your posts. I thought I’d drop you a line to say hello, and thank you for your interest in the campaign! There's loads of info about this years veg at BBC - Dig In : Grow your own vegetables

Dig In is doing well in its second year, we have been working to find more new and novice growers by promoting our seed offer via non-gardening programmes and community groups.

We’re really pleased to hear that lots of you have applied for and received the Dig In 5 this year. Have you planted them yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by DigInTeam View Post
                      Have you planted them yet?
                      Hi DIT - welcome and hope you stick around

I've sown some of the seeds ready for new lottie site in a couple of weeks
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

• I've sowed some of everything

Comment

• Most of my seeds are up, and I shall start grazing on the Salad leaves soon.
                          Thankyou for the seeds. :-)
                          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• Yet to sow my french beans and courgettes. I got a friend to try growing some things last year, this year I applied on her behalf for seeds because she got hooked after last year. She can only grow in containers and it's nice that the scheme does work for people like her too.
                            Elsie

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketron View Post
                              Am I the only one that thinks this is deplorable ?
                              This is paid for by the TV licence payers, to encourage people,that haven't done so before to grow their own.
                              Why are all you people, who are already veg growers trying to get these freebies?
                              I'm sorry if this upsets people, but I really have no time for freeloaders.
                              It would appear you have a bigger problem with us accepting the seed than the BBC Dig in team do.

Originally posted by DigInTeam View Post
                              Hello there, I work for the BBC Dig In team and just received an alert to your posts. I thought I’d drop you a line to say hello, and thank you for your interest in the campaign! There's loads of info about this years veg at BBC - Dig In : Grow your own vegetables

Dig In is doing well in its second year, we have been working to find more new and novice growers by promoting our seed offer via non-gardening programmes and community groups.

We’re really pleased to hear that lots of you have applied for and received the Dig In 5 this year. Have you planted them yet?
                              like other some of my seeds have been share between my local primary school my youngests nursey,

even the van is giving seeds to both novices and old hands

Is it acceptable that someone on a large income who can afford to buy the seeds orders them?, according to certain guidelines I currently live below the poverty line but have been gardening for several years so am I not entitled to some free seeds?

where do you draw the line?

I think its good to have people with different opinions and don't always agree with others but I will be able to sleep without feeling any guilt

The only thing that would disapoint me is if people get the seeds and sell them on ebay (yes people do it) or have the seeds and don't use them. my kids have planted the remaining seeds I have at home keeping their interest going.

As for being a freeloader. If you don't want to give me any time that is your loss not mine, there is more to me than someone who just orders free seeds
                              Thought For The Day
                              If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                              Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

• Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
                                It would appear you have a bigger problem with us accepting the seed than the BBC Dig in team do.

like other some of my seeds have been share between my local primary school my youngests nursey,

even the van is giving seeds to both novices and old hands

Is it acceptable that someone on a large income who can afford to buy the seeds orders them?, according to certain guidelines I currently live below the poverty line but have been gardening for several years so am I not entitled to some free seeds?

where do you draw the line?

I think its good to have people with different opinions and don't always agree with others but I will be able to sleep without feeling any guilt

The only thing that would disapoint me is if people get the seeds and sell them on ebay (yes people do it) or have the seeds and don't use them. my kids have planted the remaining seeds I have at home keeping their interest going.

As for being a freeloader. If you don't want to give me any time that is your loss not mine, there is more to me than someone who just orders free seeds
                                well said.
                                Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X