No announcement yet.

Cheap fruit trees and bushes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just been to Woolies, and they are selling summer bulbs buy one get one free, so i got 5 packets of bulbs for less than £10. The shrubs look nice too, but I restrained myself (for now )
    Last edited by GeordieVik; 26-01-2007, 01:49 PM.
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

http://viks-garden.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got 2 each of blackcurrant, redcurrant & gooseberry

Comment

ok i got an olive the other week and now all the leaves have fallen off does this mean it has died or is this surpossed to happen??

Comment

Hi NewTP
          there are threads from last year talking about growing olives (on the fruit thread I think) along with piccies.

They like to be kept on the dry side (esp. in winter), they don't mind cold so much as wet. They can be outside too they need cold to flower. It could be they've dropped their leaves thru shock but will recover.

What size is it, what size pot and what sort of compost?
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

well it still in packet i bought it ave only just got the pot and was gonna pot up today when got home but opened it and all the leaves had fallen so dont know if worth planting up or not??

Comment

Yeah why not? They're really hardy plants (as long as its not already a goner). You can check the roots for bugs if you repot it and put lots of drainage/sand in the compost - wants to be free draining.

Don't overpot it size-wise, stand it outside in a sheltered spot and make sure it doesn't get too wet.

Comment

Hey NewtoTP check out this picture of my two olive trees (posted on a thread last year). The 'stick' on the left is now happily covered in leaves - so don't depair as long as your olives roots look healthy, it'll probably pick up come spring.

Comment

at work(wollies preston) we have just put our seeds out (fotheringills) buy one get one free on flowers and veg
                  friut trees should be out in the next two weeks also they have compost and chicken manure going cheap too
                  PRESTON NORTH END
                  xbox gamertag billybobs
                  add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

ok that settles it smallblueplanet one stick to be potted up and fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by dinky_doo View Post
                      they have chicken manure going cheap too
                      Should that not be "cheep"! DD? DDL
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know what varieties woolworths sell? I got some cheap blueberry and raspberry but there's no information on the boxes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                          Should that not be "cheep"! DD? DDL
                          I resisted the chance for that one only just though whoops jacob
                          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Hello

in wilko's i picked up a redcurrant,blackcurrant & a red gooseberry for 25p each little messy but trimmed them up and now look healthy and growing away, Our woolies stuff looks deader than dead and still charging full price.

Cheers
                            Brogusblue
                            Last edited by brogusblue; 17-05-2007, 08:04 PM.
                            Jay's Humble Little Veggie Plot Blog

Comment

Broguesblue
                              I got a Woolies elder tree earlier this year for £2.99 and after planting all its green bits withered and died. But hooray, new shoots now, so guess it will be ok.
                              Perhaps if you keep your finger's crossed the same might happen for you?
                              best wishes
                              Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X