No announcement yet.

Free compost bin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wollyanna looks like you're in luck, Hull are giving away compost bins.

Composting in Hull

or here

Hull City Council : Composting
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by wollyanna View Post
      Well I've just tried the site put in my post code and it said it couldn't find it .Was it in the UK.I always thought Hull was but perhaps we've been taken over without me realising it.
      Join the club - Truro apparently isn't in the UK either (although we always knew we weren't in England!)
      Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Our local council are doing a special offer on the 220 litre round one for just £19. or the square 300 litre one for £55.45

If I only lived in Hull, I would get a few and offer them on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by WrexTheDragon View Post
          If I only lived in Hull, I would get a few and offer them on ebay.
          You can only get one per household from Hull City Council. I have 3 because I got one before they switched supplier, one after they switched and one I ordered on my neighbour's behalf who won't use it.
          Although I might put one of them on ebay, not sure 3 are necassary for a garden my size.
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
            not sure 3 are necassary for a garden my size.
            Forced Rhubarb over winter and growing potatoes in, just two uses.

What else can compost bins be used for?? Answers on a postcard.

I would be knocking on all the doors in my street to see who was not ordering one and if they would let me have theirs. If it is the ones I have seen they stack over each other, so only take up the space of one?
            Last edited by WrexTheDragon; 08-11-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

hey evryone

hello, my name is hanneya and i was just wondering are you still giving the free compost bins out because i would like one becausei am really in to gardening at the moment and this site immediatly said free compost bins so i suspct that you still do that???anyway i really enoyed this site thanks anyway please try and get back to me, thanks.:

Comment

Hi hanneya. Welcom to the vine. If you used a search engine such as google it will give you any site relevant to your search. This is a forum where folk discuss gardening topics amongst other topics. I guess because of the original post, google has obviously identified this site. Keep using the forum & you will pick up some excellent tips on cheap products, sometimes even free.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by hanhan View Post
                  hello, my name is hanneya and i was just wondering are you still giving the free compost bins out because i would like one becausei am really in to gardening at the moment and this site immediatly said free compost bins so i suspct that you still do that???anyway i really enoyed this site thanks anyway please try and get back to me, thanks.:
                  I think you may be a bit confused. This site does not give away free compost bins. It is a discussion forum for gardening and related matters.
                  Stay a while and have a look round you will find lots of great tips.
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

thanks !!

hello, thanks for the tips i really appriciate it i cant wait to get to know the vine even more thanks for all the responces that you gave out it is nice to know the people on this site take it seriously!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X