Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Container drip trays (flowerpot saucer replacement)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container drip trays (flowerpot saucer replacement)

I try and support my local tradespersons - but having tried to buy a suacer for a largish pot and being persuaded to part with £2.50 (plastic) thought I'd go to the other side of the road to the pet shop.

To house a flowerbucket-sized container - I acquired a number of 'standard' cat litter trays - approx 8"x10" at the base. Way too small for my trio (one piddle and they'd overflow!).

However it occurred to me that this size did indeed house a flower bucket quite well with a space at the front. This set-up would be ideal to grow say a tomato plant with one or two marigold 'companions' at the front in smaller pots. Making a nice display of tom/comp and keeping both in some kind of order - especially if grown indoors.

I chose the green litter trays, although they come on many different colours and at least one larger size. This smaller size came in at £1.45 - but as it was a local trader I'm sure this could be got cheaper if bought at a pet supermarket or over the net.

There are probably plenty of 'free' or nearly-free alternatives - but just pitched this up as a possibility for you.

Just don't shift the arrangement with the pots in situ - these trays are not going to be strong enough to bear the weight!

I have been using cat trays for watering this summer, dead handy. Would also add dont kick 'em as you walk past cos they break
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X