• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaimie View Post
    Reighton Nurseries
    Hunmanby
    Filey
    North Yorkshire.

Family run business where they grow most stuff themselves. Very economical, very wide range of plants of all types. Sometimes difficult to locate exactly where to find it if you are looking for anything in particular, but just ask and someone on the staff knows exactly where to find it. No mail order, no website, just a fantastic nursery. People come from far away.
    One of my favourites. They also sell pots of seedling cabbages, lettuce, leeks, caulies etc at the appropriate time of year. I've had unusual toms and chillies from them too - you can buy one of each of several varieties instead of sowing a whole load of one type yourself. Very cheap and good quality.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

In the far west -

Trevena Cross Nurseries & Garden Centre,
      Breage,
      Helston,
      Cornwall
      TR13 9PS

Large nursery with an excellent range of plants; apart from a credit card machine, counter totally technology free; i.e no till or printed receipts - a handwritten one if you ask. Very Cornish!
      Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

A & A Throp
        Unsual Aplines and Hardy plants
        Bunglalow 5 main street
        Theddingworth
        Leciester

My Mum and Dad own it. No veg but lots of unsual plants grown in small numbers very small scale but worth a visit if your driving through. At the mo lots of snowdrops eg Grumpy, wasp and lots of other named ones.
        Mum give talks to gardening groups and WI's and sells at various plant fairs.
        Bit of a plant zoo in a way but there knowledge of the plants they grow is vast and if your after something rare they might have it or know someone who does.
        Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
        www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Greatfield Garden Center
          nr Wootton Bassett
          Swindon
          Wilts
          http://www.greatfieldgardencentre.co.uk/intro.html

I could spend hours there,it's a great big maze of stuff,plants of all kinds, veg, fruit trees, herbs, a really big shop you can get lost in, and really helpful staff.
          Last edited by taff; 12-03-2010, 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot the website,doh!

Comment

Hi Smallfrog, wow, what a small world! A friend and I used to visit your parents years ago for the huge range of unusual alpines!! Do they still have them dotted around the back garden on tables, in crates etc?? Ask them if they remember Keith with the green Matra Rancho, he was always on the scrounge for a cup of tea and a slice of cake - but people couldn't resist him!! Come to think of it, he hasn't changed, I saw him for the first time in 10 years at Ryton's spud day a few weeks ago, and he was haggling on the seed stall!!

I can really recommend Thorpes of Theddingworth to EVERYBODY, especially if you're a plant nut (like me).!!

Comment

Thanks Torreya,

I'll print out your message and past it onto them. Sorry its taken so long to reply i clean forgot i had posted them on here.
              Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
              www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Reighton nurseries in Reighton East Yorkshire - no website.

I love it because
                a. no tat , furniture, decorative stuff, cafe ( you get my gist)
                b. it's huge
                c. 9cm pots of perenials are 60p and they have a football pitch sized area of these.
                d. their dog is very friendly
                d. they sell licorice logs

I see I'm not alone in recommending this one!
                Last edited by Piggle; 13-07-2011, 02:41 PM.
                Gill

So long and thanks for all the fish.........

I have a blog http://areafortyone.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X