No announcement yet.

The joy of recycling

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make use of all those annoying ribbons that seem to be attached to tops dresses etc and are intended to attach to clothes hangers.

I snip them off and keep in a box in the shed - they make ideal plant ties.
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

My enforced diet means that I am eating loads of Yought as we are keeping all the pots for next year.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Coffee grounds don't work.
        texteditor

Comment

Originally posted by texteditor View Post
          Coffee grounds don't work.
          texteditor
          Don't work for what?
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I work for a security company and we use 24" x 18" sign boards any damaged ones I keep and recycle them
            I use for kneeling boards I must have about 10 now.
            Ive also used them for resting the edges of glass on and for protecting the patio when I painted the walls so they are very versatile
            Forgot to mention they are ever so easy to cut with a stanley knife
            Last edited by MrToggs; 25-06-2009, 01:53 PM. Reason: more info/spelling
            Inside every older man is a younger man thinking what the heck happened

Comment

Thats good....and welcome to the Vine

Comment

I use kitchen roll tubes over my leeks, it helps to keep them white and the dirt out of the leaves. I also use the large tops of yogurt pots as cabbage collars, just cut a slit half way through, make a big enough hole in the middle, pop round your cabbage and there you have it instant collars .

Comment

Ive even started saving the fromais yogurt pots (the tiny little one you give the kids) ideal for seedlings in a propagator they even come in cool colours as well cant wait to plant my seeds in the bright pink pots lol.
                  Inside every older man is a younger man thinking what the heck happened

Comment

i love recycling!

Comment

OK. Admit it.

Who checks out the container for size, shape and suitability for gardening use before deciding which product to buy?
                      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
                      Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

I have a yog a day and now have a nice pile of pots....dont forget to drill the bottoms for dranage.

Comment

Originally posted by singleseeder View Post
                          OK. Admit it.

Who checks out the container for size, shape and suitability for gardening use before deciding which product to buy?

Guilty

sdfgdfghdfdfh cos the message is too flippin' short.
                          Last edited by pdblake; 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM.
                          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

How about asking if you can have a few plants in the office to brighten the place up and give off oxygen- then you could overwinter your chilli plants!!!!

You could grow your seedlings on the window sills or filing cabinets in the spring ..nice and warm at night!!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hey thats a good idea.

Comment

coffee grounds

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                                Don't work for what?
                                Fending off snails see above

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X