Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I collect the cardboard coffee cups from the coffee place at work ( colleagues put them on my desk now!). They are great for peas and beans that like a long root run and for potting on things that need depth not width. Once empty they can go on the compost heap.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Old sun lounger frame covered with chicken wire for drying rack. Folds in three for easy storage.

Comment

• ^^^ that is so obvious!...I'd never have thought about that...what a good idea !
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
          Old sun lounger frame covered with chicken wire for drying rack. Folds in three for easy storage.
          We have 3 sun loungers at the mo but I have a sneaky feeling one is about to go missing 😗

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• I use the bottom third section of the big (4 litre etc) plastic milk containers for rooting cuttings in. The plastic is semi opaque milky white so it just gives the right amount of light and creates the perfect humid microclimate for the cuttings to successfully root in. I either put a perlite and sowing compost mix in container for the cuttings to go straight in or stick the cuttings into their own individual soil plugs. It works a treat for me.

Comment

• I love me pallets ....

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...kbeds-crop.jpg

Comment

• I got a couple of wall mirrors off Freecycle and put them opposite a small raised veggie bed to bounce the sunlight off in an area that loses the sunshine quite early.

3 stacked tyres make a brilliant planter for well behaved winter squash such as Baby Bear. The plant trails down rather than across and the fruit are put into the foot of old tights that has been pinned to the tyre to support them.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• The link on post 186 doesn't seem to be working.

Also just noticed that the user's post status is 'guest' and that's a new one on me!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• ^^^ They asked Admin to terminate their membership, but their posts stay.

Comment

• Oh, must've missed that. Sorry.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• S'OK, G4. You wouldn't have known as it was requested by PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                          Old sun lounger frame covered with chicken wire for drying rack. Folds in three for easy storage.
                          Great idea !!!

I've got 2 old rusted ones in the garage that I've been meaning to get rid of.

It's been a great read going through this thread - I never even realised we had a 'Top Tips' section.
                          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Play-doh tubs make great pots to start seeds in. And if your child is anything like mine you'll have hundreds of pots in no time

Comment

• Half pint cream pots make excellent containers for potting on. I seem to have a lot of them. Can't imagine how....
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• I'm working on a plan to reuse the lightweight plastic boxes that mushroom are sold in for successional sowing. More later when I've worked out how

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X