Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose spray head

Hi everyone,

We have a Hozelock hosepipe (I think it has an aqua stop connector) and I'm getting fed up of having to replace the plastic shower/head/gun every year so I was thinking of buying a metal gun. Can anyone recommend one that will be okay if we leave it out in the bad (heavy snow & frost) weather, wont break if accidentally dropped or fall apart after a few months? I've had a look at various ones such as Hozelocks own and Draper ones etc but they all seem to have a lot of negative reviews. TIA.

PS. Hope this is in the right section.
    Last edited by sharry; 15-04-2021, 10:43 AM.

I found this review of spray heads,some have a lifetime warranty that makes me think they’re more robust & it would help with replacing if you needed to.
    https://www.gardenersworld.com/revie...st-spray-guns/

Mum had to replace her plastic hozelock spray head last year,it must be common that they don’t last long?
    Welcome to the forum Sharry I think this is the right section
    Last edited by Jungle Jane; 15-04-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Bought a hozelock multi plus for £20 from amazon. Very pleased with it. The "cone" setting is neat - waters all round a plant without actually wetting plant.

One problem, though not with the sprayer, is that we have high water pressure and the joints from the tap to the sprayer pop out if I stop spraying with the tap still full on on. Don't seem to be able to poke the hose into the jointly bit far enough
      Click image for larger version  Name:	81vIioeyi+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	2522702
      [edit] is metal, not plastic
      Last edited by quanglewangle; 15-04-2021, 11:22 AM.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Welcome sharry, not aware of any really robust spray heads, as with most things these days it's throw away plastic, having said that I store my hose and spray head in the greenhouse and they seem to be lasting , about 5 years old now and still seem to be ok.

Comment

I haven't come across any that can survive more than a couple of Winters outside. Trouble is I keep forgetting to bring them in. Rotary hose reels also fall apart or leak after a few years. I'm planning to make an aluminium reel with industrial rotating unions in it because I'm so fed up with them.
          Last edited by Mark Rand; 15-04-2021, 01:57 PM. Reason: typos
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Thanks all.
            I forget to bring it in before winter and by the time I notice it it's too late
            I was wondering about the hozelock one but I've not been impressed with the plastic one we had so was a little put off from getting another.
            I'd also seen the gardeners world reviews, they're okay but they don't cover longevity, unfortunately.
            Thanks again.

Comment

I bought a metal Hozelock Multi Spray Gun Pro from Amazon 6 years ago, its lived outside ever since and hasn't let me down yet. i find its well worth the extra money for the metal parts.
              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
              - Henry Beard

Comment

Got one of these last year https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-7-...-gun/p/0486981

Only £6. Hozelock grossly overpriced.

It's very easy to vary flow.
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I have one of these. It's fairly good, as in it feels robust and has worked well since I got it last spring. I put it in the garage over winter, mind.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WU0TOPK

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

I store mu hose and spray gun in a spare wheelie bin during the winter.
                      The spray head came from Aldi and still works in spite of being made of plastic.
                      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X