No announcement yet.

Children v Allotments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My eldest..a boy is 13 and wont even come and have a look at the allotment!!

At the other end of the scale I have an 11 year old daughter who insists on coming with me every time I go but then becomes bored after an hour or so and wants to go home which of course I find very frustrating.

I keep telling her I wont take her anymore but then......time comes round again and there she is.....by my side like a leech

I shouldn't discourage I suppose but I like pottering on my own and cant wait for kids to go back to school so I can potter to my hearts content.

Comment

Why not get a sand pit for the younger ones. My grand daughter plays for hours with the sand. She is so taken with it she could be anywhere and would'nt notice. The one we have has a lid on it and i am sure you could put it in the shed when going home time came. If they knew they were going to the allotment to play in the sand it might encourage them
      Another thing i do is bring a picnic. She now associates the allotment with picnic time and cant wait to go.
      Don't have an allotment myself but have to travel to my place of gardening so its worth it.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good Idea Bramble, add some cement & then the little darling can mak you a new path
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

You could always set their feet in it, that way they would'nt stray.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

i cant win in our house the wife says "get an allotment you need a hobby" so i gets one and shes moaning im never at home
            i dont spend a lot of time there i try to get in an hour and a half a night trying to get it clear so she can have home grown veg
            rock and hard place methinks!!!!
            PRESTON NORTH END
            xbox gamertag billybobs
            add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X