No announcement yet.

Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Wyevale or Wilko's in Scotland,miss the Wilko's not Wyevale so much.Dobies are our "big chain" garden centres,but we do have some nice independent old fashioned nurseries.

Comment

Wyvale selling propogators for £1. These are normally £4 and include 40 cell container, tray and clear plastic lid. Normal price £4. Sorry none left in branch near Abingdon!!
      http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Don't know whether it's already been mentioned but our local Dobbies Garden Centre have there new batch of seeds in and for some reason they were all half price?
        I can understand this happeniong with last years seed but this is new stock!

I have most of my seeds but couldn't miss an offer like that so spent another tenner!

No idea how long the offer is on for though!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

wandered into poundstretcher at lunchtime and they were putting all their seeds out and had cleared a big section for the rest of the new gardening stock i can feel another wander coming on
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Forgot to mention in the Dobbies sale as well as having half priced seeds they had packs of bulbs reduced from £2.99 a pack to just 75P. I got 100 mixed alliums and 50 Anemone blanda for the princely sum of £1.50!

I think I may be paying another visit very soon!
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

no use to the rest of you but i managed to get myself a brand new compost bin for £3 at the tip/recycling center yesterday!!!

they have a corner for stuff that people want rid of but its too good for landfill and then they charge around £1-£5 for them! the compost bin is flat packed and looks like its never been put together, although im not sure if some of the bottom bits are missing but hey, its still a bargain! good little corner it is... i got a big tv table/unit for £1 the other day, now residing in my bedroom!

always worth a look around your local tip when your dropping stuff off!

Comment

Lots of tips now have 'reuse/recycling shops', you are so right can pick up some wicked stuff, i got a box load of lovely old gardening tools, just needed a little bit of tlc and they have been fab, feel really nice to use too as they are so worn. plus it is better to reuse than just dump!!
                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Someone on here was asking for a recommendation for a good on line seed supplier. I have bought seeds from several suppliers and I can truthfully recommend Seeds of Italy. Their prices are good and they do a quick and efficient dellivery. They also have a very generous ammount of seeds in their packs.
                  I would also recommend Nickys seed Suppliers.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

i saw a heated seedling mat on ebay for sale, it was 14.99 BIN, some cheap seeds aswell
                    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Just visited Dobbies Garden Centre today and they have 50% off all seeds just now! Also 50p for all bulb packs! Yay!
                      http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi all, my local Dobies (Birtley) as well as half price seeds are also selling last seasons strawberry plants off at £1 per six pack. They looked reasonably healthy so I spent £5 and now have 30 to start off my first ever strawberry bed.

Just need to read up on growing strawberries now ..................

Burnzie

Comment

New seeds are 19p a packet just now at the local Netto's!

I've used these 19p a packet seeds for the last three years now and they are fine............normal sized seed packet and a few F1 Hybrids,(which are usually mega expensive) including sweetcorn!
                          Last edited by Snadger; 08-01-2009, 08:46 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Poundland have Blueberry, Rasps, Red Currants etc for (you guessed) £1. Pentland seed tatties - £1. Variety of other bushes, seeds, 10l bags of compost.

Comment

wilko yesterday had seed spuds £1 for 5 they had rocket, charlotte, and others i cant remember, they also had loads of seeds in a bin which were obviously last years cause the packagings been changed but they were 75% off with sow by dates of 2010 and 2011 guess which ones i bought
                              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

B&Q Kids seeds are 78p for F1 sweetcorn. Thought that was pretty good value, if like me you enjoy trying to grow sweetcorns.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X