No announcement yet.

Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70 packets!!!!! What are you going to do with the £35 that you saved? That's the logic I always try to use anyway! Seriously though, where on earth are you going to find the space for them all?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by flowerofshona View Post
      Wyevale Ferndown have masses of seeds at 50p a packet and most have a 2010 date on them !!
      I was like a kid in a sweetie shop and bought 70 packets (embarressed of Dorset ! )
      Snap. I saw the thread about Wyevale having reduced seeds yesterday early morning. Nipped into Wyevale at Ferndown and my hubby, daughter and I must have spent a good 45 minutes going through the baskets of seeds. I was knelt on the floor. It was a good plan. We all put loads in the basket that we thought we wanted, then went through at the end to check there were no duplicates. £32.50 on seeds, work out how many I bought. The flower seeds were also in the sale, I've bought loads of nasturtiums for companion planting, hoping the cabbage whites will be attracted to them more than my cabbages.

Such good value at 50p a packet, we're about to work out the true cost of the seeds at full price.
      Sylvianne

Get back to the earth, learn to grow your own future

Comment

Oh my goodness, just totalled up the normal price of the seeds

£131.28

I'm gobsmacked
        Sylvianne

Get back to the earth, learn to grow your own future

Comment

I've been looking into the price of seeds this year, and if you break them all down to per seed prices, you may be surprised sometimes.

Comment

wyevale purley way seeds at 50p per pack too - bought 37 packs

woolies have 71 piece 23.5m watering kit ("drip feed" kit) that connects directly to an outside tap for £2
            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

West Midland Farmers do some large packets of seeds at bulk prices. I picked up a 500g bag of Meteor peas for £1.99, which is pretty much what a standard packet would cost you anywhere else. Not a huge range, but I reckon good value if you plan to sow a lot of something.

(Oops - showing my age there lol. Countrywide, not WMF.)
              Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

My local Wyvale has 50P seed packet sale on, but not for Veg, only Flowers.

Take note, not all Sales appear to be the same.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

There does not seem any one in my local area doing cheap veg seeds at the moment,so im buying up all the neccesitys that are being sold of for next year.
                  Was going to get a walk in greenhouse the weekend for £15.00 in woolies but forgot so when i went there yesterday they had sold out.Bought a £3.00 frame as a consolation to give to a friend as i already have one,and it cost me £8.00 some weeks back and i thought that was a good price then. I also saw the irrigation set for £2.00 and was tready to pounce when i realised i dont have an outdoor tap.Also bought more 50 pencer items again!.
                  Last edited by butter fingers; 27-08-2008, 03:27 PM. Reason: cant seem to type and spell in one go
                  a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Nemo, Thompson and Morgan certainly deliver to Ireland (I'm guilty of a number of orders from there!!).

I got a couple of packets of Unwins seeds reduced to half price in Hurleys Supervalu in Midleton (Cork) a couple of weeks ago. But they weren't reduced in my local SV in Dublin - would Garvey's be worth a look?

Otherwise no offers that I am aware of (bought a load in T&M's half price sales recently so not allowed buy seeds for a while).

Woodies usually have any compost bags that burst being sold for half price (bought one last week and think I'll need another for my spuds so back again this weekend).

I am on the lookout for gloves at the minute if you know where to get any......

Comment

Went to my local Wyvale at Brighton Race Hill - just to let anyone in this area know - its mostly flower seeds with a sprinkling of herbs - no veg from what I could see.

Managed to get 12 packs including a nice lot of sunflowers to grow next year which I hope will deliver beauty, drama, and seeds for culinary use, saving and winter bird feed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

The Wyevale near me makes up for the crappy Woolies and Wilko's here. I went to Wyevale last Sunday and got loads and loads of veggies, plus some flowers too. Lots of Kew Garden stuff was 50p packet too, in fact none of the seeds were full price. Saved myself £56 - but I didn't have £56 in the first place so can't really spend it on anything else can I
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Wyevales in between Burton and Derby had just as many veg and herb seeds as flowers, including the sementi range. All 50p. This was yesterday. Hope it helps.

Comment

wyevale woking has the 50p seeds - spent £10 today but total cost of seeds was £44. bargain. have to keep telling myself that i now have enough.
                            Last edited by kernowyon; 30-08-2008, 07:13 PM.
                            Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                            Bob Dylan

Comment

Wyevale Ferndown have masses of seeds at 50p a packet and most have a 2010 date on them !!
                              I was like a kid in a sweetie shop and bought 70 packets (embarressed of Dorset ! )
                              Gosh, I thought I was bad buying thirty packets in there! Good job we weren't both in there at the same time...

Comment

So many of us descending on Wyevale in Ferndown! I bought about 30 packets there - got home and filed them neatly in month order - just have to hope I'll remember where I put them next season!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X