No announcement yet.

Best Buy Lawnmowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just got a £40 push mower from Lidl. I love it, it's quiet, it's really sharp, the blades are adjustable, it gives my arms a workout but it's not heavy to push, it doesn't use any fuel/leccy and it's bright green

I do my lawns once a week and leave the short clippings as a mulch
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a Champion lawn mower with the ubiqutous 3.5 briggs and stratton. Its great and cost £35 from ebay. I can't fault it and like others have said I can't imagine going back to an electric mower with the cord and extension cable. It so much wider than a regular electric mower meaning its loads quicker and eaiser to cut my lawn and allotment paths. On max height setting it has a good 6"+ clearance meaning I can almost use it as a strimmer on really long grass and weeds. Needless to say it gets some abuse but (touch wood!) just keeps munching on through it all.

Does anybody else use the fuel additive you can get from DIY stores? I have been doing but I question if its a gimmick or not. I only refuel the can twice a year so do I run the risk of getting stale fuel? Also are there other beneficial chemicals/oils that mean its worth the extra?
      http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

We bought one from focus (own brand petrol) 3 yrs ago for less than £100 in fact we got that & a lightweight strimmer for less than £150. Both are still working fine. The mower sit's in the yard under a tarp all year & last year I forgot to drain it but it still fired after 4 month's of a lousy winter. Suppose it depends what you want it's just a rotary no stripes & doesn't get used every day. Our last was a Briggs & Stratton engined one kept in the shed & serviced every year, ran like a pig & died after 2 years.

Comment

Has anybody seen "Which" best buys this summer.

The best electric mowers were the Wolf Power Edition 37E, The Bosh Rotak 40 the Flymo Multimo 360Xc and the Bosch Rotak 37Li did really well as a cordless mower.

I have the Bosch Rotak 37li cordless mower and it lasts for about 40 minutes as long as the grass isn't left to long initially. Its a great mower but would be better if it cut a little lower. Its very light weight.
          Chickens are my thing, oh and I am growing Rocket in this Potato Barrel.

Comment

Anyone bought a mower this year??
            My McCulloch fired up first time this year and is doing a good job - only problem being of a cosmetic type, as the plastic wheel and wheel trims have the odd crack and chunks missing now.

Comment

2 years ago I bought a cheap chinese engined petrol mower. Imagine my suprise when it fired up on the first pull this year having spent the winter in a damp and draughty shed. The make is Performance power which I think is the same as the Power Devil badged stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X