herbs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbs

new to all this.i would like a herb garden in pots near the back door is this at all possible??

I grow lots of herbs in pots. Thyme and basil do really well. And coriandar likes a big pot. Mints are good in pots for shady spots. This also helps to prevent it from being invasive. Bay also grows well in a pot. Just make sure the pots are kept well watered.

Comment

Hi Albert and welcome

Do you have full sun where you want to put your herb garden as I think that most herbs usually like sunny warm conditions?
      Lilli M

Comment

have the sun until noon after that it is shady, iwas going to get a old whisky barrel and have 6/8 herbs growing in it ???

Comment

Hi Albert & welcome.
          I have lots of herbs in pots in a basket by the back door (going to have to move them when I get my water butt though!), thyme, rosemary, mint, sage, parsley etc. If you want to put them all together in a whisky barrel though you may want to put some in pots & then sink that in the compost in the barrel or else one might take over the others (mint is very invasive). Give it a try, you can always move it if they're not a success & as long as the barrel's not too big. Most herbs do like sun & well drained soil so mix some grit etc. into the compost.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

thanks for the advice, got 9 herbs in 3 pots within pots just got to see if they survive.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X