X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawthorns View Post
    im going to order mine asap
    Any luck with that link I PM'd you?
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

yeah just the job thanks
      my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

It takes me a few months to fill a bin but the juice stuff doesn't get any more icky, it just stays a thin, pale brown colour. Bit of a yucky smell but not really bad. The bigger problem I have is trying to get the smell out of the bin when I wash it out, seems to linger on the plastic for some reason. It doesn't bother me but OH has a real objection to the smell. Mind you, I've never seen so many worms in my compost bin! I'm thinking of putting the next one in my bean trench, anybody any oppinion if this is a good idea or not????

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

i allways put mine into the bean trench and have allways had good results from my beans. dont know if this is the right thing to do but it works for me

Comment

Yes, I'm planning on using my next few batches in the bean trench too.
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Thanks guys, guess what I'll be doing this weekend (in the snow if the weather forecast is to be believed!)

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

The liquid is very good for septic tanks, that's where I use my supply (we have a Bokashi at work). Bit worried about using it on the ground. I've not had much luck with putting the bokashi bin contents straight into the ground (lots of leaf and not alot of veg) so put it into the compost bin now as an accelerator.
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
                  The liquid is very good for septic tanks, that's where I use my supply (we have a Bokashi at work). Bit worried about using it on the ground. I've not had much luck with putting the bokashi bin contents straight into the ground (lots of leaf and not alot of veg) so put it into the compost bin now as an accelerator.
                  I keep reading this, but can't believe it. How do we know?

The reason I can't believe it is I know how bokashi works. The fermentation produces lactic acid. This is a strong bactericide (and the the main active ingredient in Toilet Duck!). Septic tanks work by the waste being decomposed by bacteria. I'd have thought they wouldn't take kindly to lactic acid, and decide to die instead.

I believe the acid is also "food" to some other kinds of soil organism. They have to deal with it before others can eat the bokashi material. This might be why some people report that worms initially flee to the other end of a wormery, before gorging themselves a week or so later.

I have a septic tank, so I'd like to know the truth. Do you have first hand observations or a reliable source? Right now I suspect the story originates in reports about bokashi cleaning drains, which is true, as one would expect of a bactericide.

Comment

Hi Malcolm, these threadbare from 2008 and several of the grapes you're replying to no longer frequent the vine so it's unlikely they're here to answer

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Malcolm, you're asking questions on some very old threads. Many of the participants are no longer active members. Jennie Atkinson hasn't visited the Forum since 2010. I doubt that she will come back to answer your questions now!

Comment

Snap, Jay-ell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X