No announcement yet.

Sainsburys home composting kitchen caddy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine too. Probably won't get more liners. OH was looking at me when I got it off the shelf - a "what is she at NOW?" kinda look. And then REALLY didn't want to know when I told him. But he did point out the used coffee grounds in starbucks and said to take 2 if we'd use them. I got them for the lottie - and he put them both all over his flowers!! Oh well,. will talk to the coffee shop I frequent durting the week about their grounds - especially now that I have the means to take them home with me!!! 2 teabags and 1 plum stone already in my one.....

Comment

what a great idea, i might get on for OH at work, free compost!
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Dont forget, the next weds, the 26th is the last day for this offer. Tell your friends.
        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

We got a brabantia bin when our old plastic one died - underneath the (fairly well fitting and smell containing) lid, there is a 30l compartment for hanging a liner in for regular "waste" (goes into the landfill bin) and a 12l green compartment for recycling. We use the green compartment for our kitchen composting, and tend to only run to the garden dalek 2/3 times a week. As a result of having it, we are composting a lot more than when we just had a plastic tub on the worktop, open to the air and too small for even 1 dinner's worth of peelings. But we never line it - just rinse it out every once in a while (maybe once a month - as I said, smells are well contained).

I reckon that between teabags and tissues, and the odd fruit core when I remember to bring fruit with me, I'll have a half to full caddy from the office weekly (it looks like maybe 5l or so?), with some more variety on some weeks than others (like when I have coffee for visitors, or after a bad night with the toddler and am craving caffeine myself!!). Mightn't do an awful lot for the planet overall, but in 6 months it will make a fair ole addition to the dalek's worth.

Comment

You should all check out the prizes for the vegetable show

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X