Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• composting oats

the little person has had chickenpox.

oat baths are a thing for skin-soothing. I have a pile (well, an old stocking) full of oats that have been in the bath but are otherwise untouched. can I compost them?

(in other compost news, my neighbour let me have her full green wheelie bin. compost-tastic

Yep - as always mix with other stuff

Comment

Yes but I'd rot them in a bucket of water first to avoid attracting rats and vermin.

Comment

Same situation as you - youngest has crusted over today. I'm putting mine in - will probably bury inside some well rotted stuff to hide from rats.
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
          Same situation as you - youngest has crusted over today. I'm putting mine in - will probably bury inside some well rotted stuff to hide from rats.
          aaah! hope they weren't affected for too long. Mine is now back at nursery and seems happy as larry

still, every cloud has a silver lining (well in this case compost-coloured)

How long would you rot them for Kevin? (they've gone in now - didn't see this until too late).
          They are in the dalek in the middle of other stuff, so I think they'll be OK

Comment

Oat baths were better than anything else we tried for our eldest. Happy days...

Comment

Youngest back at school and fine with it now thanks. Eldest had already had (twice!). Oat baths really good - eldest has now requested them just because they're nice.
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X