Beehivecompost bin plans please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beehivecompost bin plans please

Hi have searched the net but cannot find the measuements for making a beehive compost bin. I also want to build one for growing potatoes in but am having no luck finding the plans. Can anyone help please.
    You're closer to god in a garden than anywhere else on earth.

Hi, I couldn't find plans exactly but the following site gives dimensions and the materials that they make their handcrafted beehive compost bins from.

http://www.higherdown.com/greenergar...ompostbin.html

Comment

Take care if you decide to make one of these as the corners need a compound mitre joint to make them slope. Not as simple as it looks!!
      Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Thankyou so much for your help, luckily i have 2 joiners in the family, have been told that the geoff hamilton cottage garden book contain plans for a beehive so just ordered one off ebay and will let you know.
        You're closer to god in a garden than anywhere else on earth.

Comment

I was going to mention Geoff Hamilton's book furball. It's a great design. Haven't got around to making it yet, but I have plans for one.
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Have a look on the British Beekeepers website, they do proper working drawings for different bee hives. You want a WBC plan and only need to make the outer "lifts" and roof for the compost bin.

The plans used to be about a fiver and I know they work - my students made a hive for me when I left their college.
            Last edited by Digger-07; 07-06-2007, 04:36 PM.
            Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X