'Orrible jobs!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Orrible jobs!

I never thought I would say this.... BUT.... I've just found a job that was horrible and I hated doing it, even though it was necessary.

Unravelling pea and bean netting from the roll! It took me ages! I couldnt find the beginning, then couldnt find the other end, then wasnt sure where to cut the darn stuff!

Anyone else got a gardening job they just HATE doing????

Bernie aka Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Oh I hate pea and bean netting too DDL. It never stays still and you cant find the end. Grrr ...

The one job I hate in the garden is cutting the grass. Its not the cutting the grass thats the problem its trying to start the lawnmower. Everyone else's (so it seems) just fires into life. Its relatively new and regularly serviced but the flippin' thing just will not start! By the time I get the thing going I'm so mad I just stomp around and don't do the job properly.
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Simple answer for you JA, get rid of the grass - turn the entire garden into a pottager with dinky little box hedges - then you get to cut them all!

.... I'm leaving... I'm leaving.....
      Last edited by TPeers; 21-04-2007, 04:45 PM.
      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
        Simple answer for you JA, get rid of the grass - turn the entire garden into a pottager with dinky little box hedges - then you get to cut them all!

.... I'm leaving... I'm leaving.....
        I';ve got 3/4 acre of grass!
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
          Dexter wait until you try to get the old pea plants OFF the netting - now there's a 'orrible job!!
          LJ, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Comment

I believe that you can leave the roots and stuff in the ground a la green manure and just dig them back in - thats my plan anyway! Sod the netting!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

It's still b****y hard work tho! I'm just taking my time - at least the lottie is up and running and ready for my seedlings!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
                Dexter wait until you try to get the old pea plants OFF the netting - now there's a 'orrible job!!
                Same here strangely enough!!!!
                Also had the same problem with the lawn mower......so it's not my job any more!!!!
                I'm not too keen on turning the compost either- but give me a pile of poo....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I agree, grass cutting is a chore I can do without but I don't mind it so much because when I've finished, I just relax and take in the most beautiful smell in the world, that of newly mown grass.
                  I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

collecting fallen leaves. It's like shoveling snow in a blizard round here. And those little hellicopter seed things (technical term there) which fall in their thousands in the autumn. They competely cover the garden and try as I might I can never get them all. Come spring I have mini trees sprouting up everywhere

Comment

Ill get Mrs D to do the Pea and bean netting then sit back and laugh
                      oopps she is on hear as well,
                      me thinks I wont get away with it
                      Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
                      Dobby

Comment

Some grapes have mentioned that they hate cutting the grass - I get my OH to do it! There's no way I could even move the lawn mower, let alone get the thing started!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

I hate that netting with a passion and refuse to use it as I inevitabely lose my temper with it.

Canes are used for beans and twiggy sticks for peas or that netting that you find at roadworks. It works a treat and is tough enough to be reused.

Comment

It is,

and as anybody who has been in a canoe would know, orange attracts insects like you wouldnt believe so pollination is brilliant.

Comment

Morning folks, My pet hate is dismantling the runner bean canes and taking the dead plants off. I always enjoy putting them together as there is the prospect of beans to look forward to but afterwards taking them down is such a chore

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X