Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Comfrey Fertiliser

Hi all

There is an abundance of Comfrey growing on a disused plot and around the hedgerows at our allotment. I put a load in a 5 litre plastic bottle of water and gave it a few good shakes and left it out in the sun to steep.

Could someone recommend whether its best to leave it out in the sun and how long it needs to infuse (or is that is a how long is a piece of string question?)

I have also put the lid on or is it best to let the air get to it.

I would be very grateful of any advice or recommendations

Thanks alot

splinter

what i use for turning cofrey leaves and stalks into the evil smelling mummbo jummbo juice my mate calls it but by god it works is old brewing buckets with taps in the bottom leave it about two weeks and the botle it up as far away from the house as it is not appreciated but in my opinion the best fertilizer for potatoes watered regularly while the tops are still green good luck
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Hi Jacob

Many thanks for the reply hopefully I will have some of the evil smelling stuff soon?

Splinter

Comment

That reminds me, I must go and check mine! Guess if its ready then my nose will tell me!
        Bernie aka Dexterdog
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X