It stinks!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It stinks!!

Done my Comfrey fertilisation, infused and steeped for a week, saved in an old coffee glass container and added to loads of water in my watering can. It stank and nauseated me, especially first thing in the morning.... smells like melon skins left in the dustbin a day too long. lol.
    Growing my own Comfrey and Borage this year. Self-sufficient and a money saver!
    Best Wishes
    Happy Growing
    blue-and-green

http://blue-and-green.blogspot.com/

I made some last year and have some brewing as we speak. Yep, does stink, but if it does your plants good......... recommended if you have a cold!
    LOL!
    Bernie aka Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Poo.

I gave up doing this, it stank like an open grave and filled my garden with bluebottles looking for the corpse.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Yep..ai'nt nature great?????
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Mines been brewing for a week, I'm a bit scared to lift the lid now
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It's like my granny used to say about medicine - the worse it tastes (or smells) the more good it'll do

Comment

It's supposed to be tea! You mean your not supposed to drink it!!!!!!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                It's supposed to be tea! You mean your not supposed to drink it!!!!!!
                You could, I suppose, if you fancy cold stewed tea. It's herbal after all, and I remember the kids buying me chamomile tea to calm me down. The taste was so bad it made me more agitated than ever.

Comment

Brings to mind the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee " You CAN eat it, but it tastes like sh*t!!"
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I made the mistake of putting it in my water but,& it smelt lie a sewage farm,
                    (according to Madderbat)it also clogged the tap up. I think I will just dig it in future.
                    Last edited by bubblewrap; 16-04-2007, 06:44 AM.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

I once tried the same trick with seaweed. In the end it was left for over a year cos neither wife or me could face lifting the lid again. Finally I had to bury it all under the compost heap. OH MY WORD did I gag? Even the neighbours gagged. I had to give her a big bunch of flowers as a posy/apology. Comfey is like Channel no 5 compared to that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X