Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty Don's rake

Morning All,
    I've been watching the new series of Gardeners World and one thing that's caught my eye is Monty Don's new rake, the one he's been using to rake down the veg beds to a fine tilth before sowing his veg seeds. It's a thing of beauty and I've decided I want one but I haven't seen one like it anywhere before. Does anybody out there have any idea who makes it?

Probably cast by the same hand that created the hammer of Thor, of a steel only found in the farthest reaches of the kingdom, carried to him but silken angels riding on wings of frost white stallions.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      Probably cast by the same hand that created the hammer of Thor, of a steel only found in the farthest reaches of the kingdom, carried to him but silken angels riding on wings of frost white stallions.
      ....Or, you can get one from your local Asda.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwalker View Post
        ....Or, you can get one from your local Asda.
        I was tempted to sign off with that, but thought (thankfully rightly) someone else might take the bait.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          I was tempted to sign off with that, but thought (thankfully rightly) someone else might take the bait.
          Thought so. Took it anyway.

Comment

I have several rakes but the one I like best is the one which was my dad's. I remember using it when I was a wee boy and it was a struggle to keep the head of it up for me. The rivets fell out and I stuck it back together with nuts and bolts and I just feel comfortable with it now. Guess I'm a sentimental old fart now.

Comment

This is a link to the likely tool - a hand harrow. Broad Galvanized Steel Hand Harrow | Cultivation | Gardening Tools | Garden | Products
              You need to purchase a handle for it separately.

Comment

It's a Sprake! !

Originally posted by Speed Gardener View Post
                Morning All,
                I've been watching the new series of Gardeners World and one thing that's caught my eye is Monty Don's new rake, the one he's been using to rake down the veg beds to a fine tilth before sowing his veg seeds. It's a thing of beauty and I've decided I want one but I haven't seen one like it anywhere before. Does anybody out there have any idea who makes it?
                Excellent tool, I love the entire Sporke range of the DeWit tools. I stumbled across these tools at last year's Malvern Spring Festival (exhibited by Spork Garden Tools) and to my delight found them again
                at RHS Wisley garden centre.

Comment

I have a fantastic beast called a diamond hoe....the end is diamond shaped and very sharp on all 4 sides so ideal for push or pulling. They can also get into the tiny nooks and crannies around the rocks etc.

Never seen one for sale in the shops but managed to find one somewhere for £50 !!!!!
                  Please visit my facebook page for the garden i look after

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden

Comment

did anyone ever identify Monty's rake?

Comment

Originally posted by andy_j View Post
                      I have a fantastic beast called a diamond hoe....the end is diamond shaped and very sharp on all 4 sides so ideal for push or pulling. They can also get into the tiny nooks and crannies around the rocks etc.

Never seen one for sale in the shops but managed to find one somewhere for £50 !!!!!
                      Diamond Hoe by Sneeboer
                      $76

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                        did anyone ever identify Monty's rake?
                        It was a Broad Galvanized Steel Hand Harrow - sold by Manufactum, but I don't think they make them anymore (they do a Narrow one, but it doesn't look as impressive to me)
                        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X