Horse Manure, ready bagged, Nr Ashford Kent

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Manure, ready bagged, Nr Ashford Kent

Hi, this is my first post here and I hope I can help you?
    A regular supply of field horse manure is offered and we try to put as many by the gate as we can carry! If there are none outside the gate, you are welcome to take those just the other side of the fence by the gate, we can't put all the bags outside as it looks untidy and the farmer would get cross. The manure is not rotted but ideal for composting.
    Directions are, along Faversham road (A251), to the crossroads roundabout, past Crossroads Motors (on your right) drive straight along, then you see the road sign goes up to 50 miles per hour, keep going along then you come to a triangle staggered junction sign, just after that on your left, the tree lined bit ends and you see a big field with post and rail fencing. At the end of that field is the turning, it is almost opposite Pested lane. The turning narrows to a bumpy track, drive past the houses (2 on your left) keep going and you come to a big crop field on your right and a turn in right opposite - thats our gate way.
    I would really really appreciate some bags left if you have any as as we get through so many bags of manure (enough to fill 2 builders bags a week!!) and if they are not returned or replaced we soon have to resort to dumping the manure over the fence!
    I have offered this to lots of people, (via other websites and ad in paper) and though we do get takers - we dont get enough people to take it on a regular basis.
    Perhaps it might be worth your allotment to club together and do a weekly bulk collection? Or if you have a trailer we'll fill it and you come and collect once a week?
    The field has not been sprayed with anything.
    Regards
    Maggie
    Last edited by magsnags; 20-09-2010, 08:16 PM.

Hello Maggie
    I found you on here, and came over today, took 10 bags and left you a similar number of NEW ones. Can you please reply on here to tell me when you will have more (maybe you add more whenever they disappear?!). I don't know if phone numbers are allowed (or wise) on here, and I have no idea where I might find you when I call over again. Maybe GP F house?
    Regards
    Bill

Comment

Private messaging for telephone numbers please
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Maggie, I would be interested in some bulk collection of manure. My gardener has a trailer so he could come and collect some soon. Would you mind giving me the postcode? And when would be the best time to collect? Best regards, Julia x

Originally posted by magsnags View Post
        Hi, this is my first post here and I hope I can help you?
        A regular supply of field horse manure is offered and we try to put as many by the gate as we can carry! If there are none outside the gate, you are welcome to take those just the other side of the fence by the gate, we can't put all the bags outside as it looks untidy and the farmer would get cross. The manure is not rotted but ideal for composting.
        Directions are, along Faversham road (A251), to the crossroads roundabout, past Crossroads Motors (on your right) drive straight along, then you see the road sign goes up to 50 miles per hour, keep going along then you come to a triangle staggered junction sign, just after that on your left, the tree lined bit ends and you see a big field with post and rail fencing. At the end of that field is the turning, it is almost opposite Pested lane. The turning narrows to a bumpy track, drive past the houses (2 on your left) keep going and you come to a big crop field on your right and a turn in right opposite - thats our gate way.
        I would really really appreciate some bags left if you have any as as we get through so many bags of manure (enough to fill 2 builders bags a week!!) and if they are not returned or replaced we soon have to resort to dumping the manure over the fence!
        I have offered this to lots of people, (via other websites and ad in paper) and though we do get takers - we dont get enough people to take it on a regular basis.
        Perhaps it might be worth your allotment to club together and do a weekly bulk collection? Or if you have a trailer we'll fill it and you come and collect once a week?
        The field has not been sprayed with anything.
        Regards
        Maggie

Comment

Hi Julia and welcome. Maggie hasn't visited this forum since she posted her original message in 2010. You'll be lucky to receive a reply!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Hi Julia and welcome. Maggie hasn't visited this forum since she posted her original message in 2010. You'll be lucky to receive a reply!
            Was just about to say the same.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

We collected manure from here earlier this summer; it is still being put out. The track is bumpy and you have to be careful not to overload a car or you could lose a sump on the way back! If you're in this area, check out our new website for allotmenters and kitchen gardeners at www.ashfordallotments.org.uk; we welcome feedback, suggestions and news.

Comment

Hi Maggie, It's Pat, I used to collect from your field over by the market, Unforunately lost your number. You told me last year about the farm at Challock, easy to find, however, have been over twice, today as well, nothing, can you let me know when you have collected.I don't mind doing a PYO if it helps. Pat

Comment

I doubt you'll get a reply as the OP has not been on the site for 3 1/2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sema4park@waitrose.com View Post
                    Hi Maggie, It's Pat, I used to collect from your field over by the market, Unforunately lost your number. You told me last year about the farm at Challock, easy to find, however, have been over twice, today as well, nothing, can you let me know when you have collected.I don't mind doing a PYO if it helps. Pat
                    As noted Maggie has not visited here for some time,I have had a dig about & found her f@cebook page & posted a linked message for you
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

i have visited the above mentioned place today to collect some manure but found there was none there. please can anybody put me in touch with the elusive maggie so i can enquire as to the availability. i visited it a few times last year but would like to know whether she is still doing it or not as i don't fancy many more wasted trips to challock. i'm nottoo far away but far it's still a good half hour drive for me.
                      thanks people, tommo.

(i'm newly registered today so hello everyone)

Comment

Originally posted by sema4park@waitrose.com View Post
                        hi pat, i too ventured to the gate today and there was no manure there to collect. if you do hear anything could you post it up on here please? i don't fancy making the journey too often if it ends fruitlessley every time-haha.
                        i DID take a load of bags back today though so every cloud....
                        cheers, tommo

Comment

Magsnags has been in touch with me on F@cebook,hopefully she will post here soon (currently having login problems)
                          Last edited by bearded bloke; 04-06-2014, 10:49 AM.
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X