GYO Blog ring?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GYO Blog ring?

Just wondering, had a post on our allotment blog by Poledragon that got me thinking, and wondered whether anyone else thought it a darn good idea or not?

Basically it was suggested that we have a sitering of GYO blogs, any of the grapes that have a blog could join and pop a link on thier blog, so it would join all of the GYO related blogs together.

I thought it a great idea, but just wondered firstly whether anyone else would be interested in joining, and secondly whether we would be able to use the GYO link for it? I guess one of the mods will have to run it past the editor and others at the mag, but is it something that other grapes would like to see or participate in?

I dont mind doing the set up, using sitering or bravenet if folks are interested!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

I think that there has been a thread about this fairly recently, Mrs D, and although I can't recall the full details, the overall message was a NO. It was about the time I first joined so I wasn't paying full attention, I guess - over to you LJ?

Comment

That was to have a board dedicated to blogs. The answer to that was no.
      [

Comment

The other thread I think was whether there should be a board on the site, rather than a webring that exists separately to the grapevine boards, but links back to it. I suppose I didnt explain it very well, but a site ring is a group of sites that all display a sitering button, you click on it and it takes you to the hub, where they are all listed, or you click on next and it takes you to the next site in the ring, so there wouldnt be a list or anything on the boards, just something that any grape who wanted to could add to their blog to join us all together into one easy to find place. If you get the idea?

I've got one that I set up on the webrings page of our personal website if anyone wants to have a look at what I mean? Just take the link for my wensite from my Profile
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Sorry - techno novice - I think I see what you mean now - the webring is sort of external from the Vine, but there's a link across from the vine to it?

BTW I think some of Mrs D's web ring contents are a bit scary!

Comment

Hello Mrs D. I'm not feeling too techie tonight but I can't see what you mean at all. Not sure where you wanted us to go or link from. Went to your blog but couldn't see a link from there. Went to your GYO profile and found link to a web page. Didn't like that but couldn't find a link to anywhere else. Idea might not work as people might be linking to places they don't want to go. Maybe I've misunderstood. Is there a way to explain it more simply.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Ok, take a look here http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/Mastif.../SiteRing.html

Thats a site ring for Mastif dogs, and explains a bit about what a site ring is, Poledragon suggested doing something similar for anyone with a GYO blog, if you follow what I mean!

All that woulds happen is anyone who wanted would add their blog to the ring, then they could all be accessed from one another easily, rtaher than having to put in lots of links, and no, my other site would not be linked into it.

I suggested looking at my website cos I have some siterings on the webring page, but dont worry if you cant see it!
              Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 28-02-2007, 10:34 PM. Reason: clarification
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

If the answer to that is no. Why not get the 'recent blog post' hack for VB which shows a link to your latest blog post below your username in every post.

It's a free hack from VBulletin and it is very easy for the forum admin to install.

Thanks
                Last edited by Lesley Jay; 01-03-2007, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Adam, will look into that!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Adam I would very much doubt that Ben would use that. Is it supported by vBulletin and would it run on the 3.6.4 version as it is designed for the 3.5.0 version?
                    [

Comment

I think there are other versions avalible. I didn't really look into it detail as I am off to bed in a second

Comment

Thanks Adam! Sweet dreams!!!
                        [

Comment

Mrs D I think a blog ring of GYOers blogs sounds a fun idea. I too checked out your blog looking for the 'blog ring' bit and couldn't find it - from seeing other blog rings I'd have expected it to be at the bottom of the page?
                          To see a world in a grain of sand
                          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Thanks for the link Mrs D. That explained quite a lot. Could be a good idea if the technicalities allow for it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Admin have said no to the suggestion.
                              [

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X