No announcement yet.

How much have you spent on compost?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess maybe £20 in a year; I use bought stuff for sowing seeds in trays, pricking out, potting on etc. The home grown compost either gets used 'neat' or mixed with shop stuff for large pots, and I use it neat in the greenhouse borders and on the patch.

Comment

I dare not work it out. I bought bags of compost to fill 3 beds - equiv to 2.5 tonnes of top soil. Really expensive way of doing it, but I needed it ASAP - almost broke my car's suspension.

I've since filled a shed with bags of compost. I'd guess circa £500 so far. Probably more... I worked out what my garden has cost me so far, and that was a couple of grand - I've hardly anything to show for it too !

Comment

Originally posted by mogs View Post
        Chitting - Is that just putting on damp kitchen roll until they sprout and then putting in soil Two Sheds?
        Yep, that's it
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Quite a lot here to, at least £30 I reckon. I also have a lot in post and have to start everything in pots and modules as the veg space is too much of a shady frost pocket early in the year. Would like to make more of my own garden compost but i don't think I'm getting the mix quite right yet so its very slow to rot down. Am working on it though!! Re the council compost, ours sells it back to us and it isnt much cheaper than going down the garden centre and buying a bag of multipurpose!
          If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X