Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
    Moola,

If you put your dalek ontop of wire mesh that should stop rodents digging up and into the compost.
    Good idea. I have 2 daleks, a square one with no bottom & a cone shaped dalek that has a loose bottom fitted...............I like a loose bottom personally......
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I prefer loose men with taut cheeks
      If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
        I prefer loose men with taut cheeks
        Cheeky.......
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Was just offered chicken bedding and straw by my neighbour and was wondering waht to do with it as we haven't managed to build a compo bin yet. Sounds like it will be ok in black binbags until we do? Didnt want to let the opportunity go by. Some good links too.
          http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by jackyspratty View Post
            Was just offered chicken bedding and straw by my neighbour and was wondering waht to do with it as we haven't managed to build a compo bin yet. Sounds like it will be ok in black binbags until we do? Didnt want to let the opportunity go by. Some good links too.
            Now you have a reason to build your own compost bin.

Comment

On top of my list! Hass been for months! Unfortunately the place we get the pallets fromis only open mon-fri office hours and I dont drive so dependant onmy other half who works at this time! My allotment buddy keeps putting me off, think he wants to wait until its warmer, but he's a gardner by profession and I know he'll be too busy when its warm!!! Just spotted a neighbour over the road, he has 5 pallets in his drive! Just gonna go see if I can catch him..... need quite a few as have twp quarter plots on different allotments!

Comment

Now is the time to get it done jacky.......you won't have time later & spring is slowly creeping up on us.
                Last edited by Bigmallly; 19-01-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

If you are not able to compost your own why not come to someone like me, I have an abundance of it!!!
                  I store it in huge wooden bins with a concrete floor so its very clean, no weeds. Its pure horse and chicken bedding, I use Hemcore and it compost down to a peat looking substance, its about 18 months old.
                  I cover all my raised beds and flower borders, in the Autumn and Spring it keeps them weed free and very friable.
                  Also please take care people are saying they feed their chickens scraps, these have little feed value, for hens and cause them all sorts of dietry problems, I know you are going to say "but they eat them" it doesn't mean it's any good for them!!
                  Last edited by motherhen; 19-01-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Now is the time to get it done jacky.......you won't have time later & spring is slowly creeping up on us.
                    I know BN, thats what I'mpanicking about! Problem is not being able to drive, need to concure my fear Also need to find some money to afford lessons! Gonna try to pin down my allotment bud next week, get pallets get them built. Neighbours pallets are just too massive really! Need to do 2 bins at each site really, whats that? 16 pallets!!

Comment

Whack an advert on freecycles & I'm sure I've got a number somewhere for man & van. Charges about £10 a trip. I'll pm you if I find it.

Comment

Thanks BM appreciate the tips and advice. This site is fab for local info as well as wider stuff. Cheers matey
                        Donna

Comment

Originally posted by motherhen View Post
                          If you are not able to compost your own why not come to someone like me, I have an abundance of it!!!
                          I store it in huge wooden bins with a concrete floor so its very clean, no weeds. Its pure horse and chicken bedding, I use Hemcore and it compost down to a peat looking substance, its about 18 months old.
                          I cover all my raised beds and flower borders, in the Autumn and Spring it keeps them weed free and very friable.
                          Also please take care people are saying they feed their chickens scraps, these have little feed value, for hens and cause them all sorts of dietry problems, I know you are going to say "but they eat them" it doesn't mean it's any good for them!!
                          Move Ashford to North Yorkshire MH and I'll have some of that. We used to have a stable at the end of the road but now - we know (and have) nothing.
                          Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                          >
                          >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X