chat back from GYO 'your letters'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chat back from GYO 'your letters'

I have just received my 1st GYO mag (march) and read it with great interest. Still waiting for the 2 back-dates.
    I thought it would be interesting for us to make comments on some of the letters featured.

I had no idea there were good slugs!!! Anything leaving a slime trail is swiftly dealt with. Wouldn't it be useful to have large pictures of these slugs to be able to identify them?( Bit like edible mushrooms.) Have been on google for pictures but they are not as clear as I would like. I hate killing anything anyway and would prefer to leave the good slugs to the birds, frogs and hedgehogs. To think I have just ordered my nematodes too!

Arsnic??? I thought I was being organic using up old bits of wood! Thank goodness new wood is safer- but much more expensive.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I new there was good slugs for your garden and bad i just had forgotten what was what and it was a very good reminder dont you think thats prob why it got star letter.May catch a couple(which shouldnt be too hard)and put on my compost heap to break down slightly quicker, i suppose it couldnt do any harm.

Comment

My wife

She's delighted that most of the slugs are the good ones in my garden - I am dubious and think this is just an excuse to avoid picking them off at night. But I do have a lot of brown ones, either way, they still give me the creeps, ever seen them procreate? Like something out of alien or celebrities on ice.

Andrewo
      Best wishes
      Andrewo
      Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

I assumed the only good ones were dead and acted accordingly

Nick the hachett
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X