Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken poo

HI all

I have been given a carrier bag of fresh chicken poo as my boss has chickens on her darden. If i want it i can have an ongoing supply

What do i do with it? Do i have to leave to rot on compost like horse manure or can i put it straight into the ground - what veggies like horse poo?

Claire

Definately let it rot down in a compost bin. Its too potant to go straight on the beds

Comment

And get as much as you can.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I have a picture in my head of bulging Tesco bags being handed over the computer!

It counts as 'brown' in the compost heap and will speed up the composting process too.

HMK

Comment

It's potent stuff - very high in nitrogen and very acidic - if you add it straight to plants they can easily scorch. Layer it up with your compost or, if you have really a lot of it, leave it in a pile to rot down (like horse manure) for at least a year before you use it.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by hmk View Post
            I have a picture in my head of bulging Tesco bags being handed over the computer!

HMK
            Close it was morrisons bags doubled up!, She left it with our temporary admin person who didn't know what it was. I started to open it then he mentioned that she said it was smelly - then i know what it was!!!

Comment

Thanks for the tip! We have two chickens and wasn't sure if it's ok to chuck in the poop and straw in the compost bin. Wasn't sure if it was browns or greens!
              So now it's grass cutting season, just chuck the grass clippings on the straw and muck in the compost bin? Is the resulting compost good for the veg bed?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X