Clay soil

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay soil

Recently moved to bulgaria and although the veggies I have planted so far seem to be doing ok but my soil is of the clay variety and very much so; no organic stuff what so ever in it. As this is my first growing season here I can't add my home made compost as it's still mush and although there is donkey poo for man and beast around here, obviously this too needs to rot down, which by the way how long do I need to let it rot? I am leaving part of my 500 sq mtr plot unused (forgot the proper terminology) is there anything that I can be using or grow in this part as a compost/organic matter as I double dig this plot ready for next year?

If it's not been used for a while..then tatties...loads of them...enough to give to your neighbours and gain street cred!!!
    Tatties prefer soil with loads of nutrients- but if the area hasn't been used for a while it'll be fine!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks, already got 30 kg of tatties in so have most of my neighbours probably. This region is full of old timers that have their own small holdings, something to do with their history and the communist russian rules.

Comment

And leeks, great for breaking up clay soil.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X