No announcement yet.

Who has a wormery?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been running a Can-O-Worms for just over a year and think it is great. I nearly drowned all my worms at the beginning as it went very wet & smelly. Try mixing plenty of cardboard and shredded or scrunched paper in with the peelings. I also added the Worm Treat & Lime treat that came with it. After a bit of trial & error got it working fine & have already had 3 trays full of compost from it. The bottom tray is ready when it is really black and looks very soil like. Found it was quite wet & still had plenty of worms in it so emptied it out into a barrow and let it dry -catching worms & putting them back into the wormery. Just kept forking it around for a couple of weeks. Worms didn't seem to escape from barrow maybe because it was in the garage and therefore dark.

I seem to get a full tray about every 6 months form kitchen waste from 2 of us.

Hope this helps answer a few questions.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fat Bob;423316]I got a Can-O-Worms with worms for £5 from M&S. They discontinued them and sold them all off cheap.
      QUOTE]

WOW thats a geat bargian...how long ago was that.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

[QUOTE=NOG;423797]
        Originally posted by Fat Bob View Post
        I got a Can-O-Worms with worms for £5 from M&S. They discontinued them and sold them all off cheap.
        QUOTE]

WOW thats a geat bargian...how long ago was that.
        About three months. The daughter works there and gets all the end of line bargains. They sold a heap of stuff off for charity and the wormeries weren't selling at £89 so then went in to the staff sale for a fiver.

It came with a voucher which we sent off for the worms.
        Last edited by Fat Bob; 09-04-2009, 09:09 PM.
        Gentlemen! - you can't fight in here...this is the War Room!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X