Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I put vegetable oil in my compost heap?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I put vegetable oil in my compost heap?

A bottle of almond oil that was forgotten in the back of the cupboard has gone rancid and is either getting chucked or poured onto the compost heap. Any good reasons why it shouldn't go onto the compost? I just thought I would ask while I thought of it.

The general consensus is no, but if you have a little you could soak some cardboard with it and shred that and add it.

Can I compost Cooking oil? - Compost This
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Thanks Capsid. It's not that much and I have a good bunch of brown material, so I'll add it with that.

Comment

The old chip pan oil always gets added to the chicken mash in our house! or rubbed on there legs to prevent scaly leg mite!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well, that's what this oil originally was for; massaging the baby until she got big enough to wriggle and crawl away from it. You are welcome to come down and collect it for your chooks Snadger. Bit of a drive for a cup or so of oil, but hey, maybe you are in the neighbourhood this weekend.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X