Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Bags In Compost Heap / Bokashi

Hello Folks,

I have 2 kitchen caddies, one goes in the compost bin the other bokashi.

I must admit when doing the bokashi i gag badly.

Now the stupid question, can I put the waste in the bin and bok while its still in a bio bag?
    Cheers

Danny

I put the bio bags in the compost, they do rot down eventually but take an awfully long time
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Why do you use bio bags? Not having a go, it's just that I really don't understand the point of them as I just put my veg bits etc in a caddy, when it's full tip it into the compost bin or wormery and wash out the caddy. No problems and no worries about a bag (that I have to buy and am bound to forget to do so!). Not too sure about them in a bokahsi bin (the smell doesn't bother me although OH hates it) as you need to get the bran on the waste which is broken up smallish and am not sure that would happen in the bags.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Alison,

Good point about the bran, I thought of that after I'd posted the question!

As for the bags I got them before I got the compost heaps and Bokashi bins.
        Cheers

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
          Alison,

Good point about the bran, I thought of that after I'd posted the question!

As for the bags I got them before I got the compost heaps and Bokashi bins.
          Oooooooo somebody thinks I've made a good point Doesn't happen often so think I'd better go for a lie down to recover!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X