Dobbies Compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dobbies Compost

We used to have a good family owned garden centre at Woodcote, Wallington nr Croydon. It was momentarily taken over by Wyevale and is now a Dobbies.

For many years I got all my composts delivered from there at reasonable prices. In early February they only listed a few items in silly little bags and many were "out of stock".
    Customer services assured me a full range would be stocked from 25 February. Looked on site and all there was was cactus and orchid composts! Garrotta compost maker was listed as all purpose!!!
    Do those of you living near a Dobbies know if this is a start of a downward spiral or just teething problems. I am awaiting a reply from their manager, but forewarned is forearmed.
    It's two buses and a long walk so not inclined to do a recce yet.
    Do B&Q deliver compost? Not easy to work out delivery charges. Used to be £30 which is OTT.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

I've never been impressed with their composts TBH. I'm lucky that there is a local lotty site that sells composts (Clover and Humax) and they will deliver locally so that may well be worth a try. Failing that then it depends on how much you are buying. places like Compost DIrect may be worth looking at or Dalefoot compost . they will deliver to you and the more you buy the cheaper it is per bag.so maybe it would pay you to buy 2 years worth at a time if you can store it.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

B&Q look like your best bet for you
      Compost & soil improvers | Lawn, plant & animal care | B&Q (diy.com)

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
        I don't think B&Q does home delivery on composts. It's click and collect.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

That's all my Dobbies is offering too, Danny, so I suspect the goods are not delivered from local GC's but from a central depot.
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Wickes deliver.

Endless wonder.

Comment

Have a look at Wicks. i had to get some new fences ,so got composts as well..had to buy 3 bags ...and delivery was £7.50.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                That's all my Dobbies is offering too, Danny, so I suspect the goods are not delivered from local GC's but from a central depot.
                When it warms up a bit I may go for a recce. In previous guise they had enormous drive through section for compost. I'll be interested to see what the manager says.
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Thanks everybody.
                  Wickes don't do JI but I may get MPC there.

Just got this reply to my enquiry

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your email.

The website is run by head office and at store level we do not control what is available and the deliveries from this website are operated centrally.

We do have stock of JI and MPC in store and in our drive thru. We will be looking into trying to operate a limited local delivery service from instore in the near future for bulky items but need to set the process up and train the team on how this will work with our new systems. Unfortunately I do not have a date of when this will be up and running but I would hope to have sorted by the end of March.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Charles Godyn

Operations Manager

So stuff is in stock even though not on website, maybe on the site but not in stock?!

Sounds like they couldn't run a p**s up in a brewery!

Screwfix will tell you how much, if any, is in stock locally. There are quite a few nurseries in the Wallington/Banstead area but if you don't have a car they are inaccessible. Unfortunately they haven't entered the 20th, let alone 21st!
                  Last edited by DannyK; 09-03-2021, 12:00 PM.
                  Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X