Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wormery Question

Hello Folks,

I had a wormery for a month now. I put the bedding and worms in and left them or about 3 weeks to get settled. I then put some veg etc in and waited with baited breath.

Nothing seems to have happened, can't see any worms or evidence of the veg being eaten. Have I killed them or is it due to the temp?

Just to mention the wormery is in the garage.

Any advice welcome.
    Cheers

Danny

You should be able to see the worms when you open it up really. What sort of wormery is it? Is it very wet / dry? Is there any smell?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I always kill my worms by drowning them - not deliberatly! - Is there liquid in there you need to empty out? Depends on model as to how easy it is to drown...mine has a tap at the bottom that always blocks and liquid buids up....

It won't hurt the worms to have a furtle about to check they're still in there. It does take a while to see evidence of their activities, 1000 worms can disappear very quickly!

Comment

I leave my tap open all the time with an old watering can below as I've found that I ended up with drowing worms otherwise.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

If they are in the sump the bedding is too wet you need to add some paper to dry it out.

The worms are a bit think at first and then to have a few goes at being in the water, scoop them out and bung them back in the bedding and they learn.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

It could be the time of year worms do not like cold weather, maybe you have not got enough you need at least 250gram tp begin with. Good luck.

Comment

Don't worms go dormant in the cold?

I have just started a MealWormery, and they hibernate if it's cold.

This is Day 2 in the Big Maggot House:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Mine aren't totally dormant and you can defo see them when you open the lid but they're kind of slow and eating much less stuff than during warmer weather.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X