brassica debri and white fly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brassica debri and white fly

i have been tiding up the brassica patch,and have quite a bit of compostable stuff covered in white fly,,BUT,is it safe to compost this material,or shall i burn it,and do they live in the soil till next year,and yes,i will not be growing brassicas on same patch next year,it will be the roots,many thanks
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Bung it in the compost bin/heap, put a cover on. Hopefully the little b*****s will suffocate or get eaten by slugs, snails etc. French marigolds helped keep whitefly away early this season, but when the PSB got taller the whitefly homed in.

Comment

I have swarms of whitefly on my plot ... you can see them in the sunshine, thousands of them.

** goes off to make garlic spray **
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

does the garlic spray -------definatly help keep them at bay,i have had marigold,french petite mixed planted out the same time as the brassicas,my evil brew seems to have done reasonably well with regards the catter's,but the flaming white fly,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Catters?

Comment

oh, caterpillars. Sorry, bit slow this morning.

No, don't know about the spray, haven't tried it yet.

Comment

thank you both very much for your replys,so it will get composted then.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                oh, caterpillars. Sorry, bit slow this morning.

No, don't know about the spray, haven't tried it yet.
                I tried the garlic spray this year, had no effect on the whitefly, stank the greenhouse out though
                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X