Garden Fork

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kernow View Post
    hi snadger,and thanks for your words of welcome,yes they are the heart shaped ones with the handles curved at the base.They are called Cornish Shovels,spades are what the kids take to the beach ha ha.The company i used to work for always got them from a firm called Greenhams Tools,might be worth a Google. UP THE MACKEMS KEANO KEANO
    Got some details kernow....crikey you Cornish Mackems must be loaded!

Libra Shovel

This shovel has a long, slightly bowed ash staff with rounded end and a wide pointed blade. People who have used this type of spade tell us how much easier it is to use than the conventional spade. The steam-bent ash shaft allows the user to dig and twist the shovel, loosening the soil while keeping an upright posture.

It is also known as the Irish potato spade, the Devon spade, the Lurgan shovel, the Cornish shovel, the Cardigan spade, the Somerset shovel, the Celtic shovel ...

Weight 2.3kg (5 lb), length 1.54m (5 ft), blade max width 27cm (10 ½ ins), 30cm (1ft) long. Price £98.00,including delivery.

Fancy one...but not at that price..suppose it will have to be ebay
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

like you dexterdog got lovely new fork for my birthday! I did request it however as left my last one too near the bonfire and it mis shaped the plastic handle, every time i used it got loads of blisters.

Think my new one from asda.

Comment

It was a nice surprise, that and the hand tools. I also got a few gardening books - guess my family and friends got the hint about my new hobby! Hadnt realised I'd talked about it that much! tee hee dexterdog
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

well snadger,that libra shovel must be laced with diamonds given the price.just found on www.toolfinder.co.uk swan neck shovel 12.40 inc vat and free carriage,looks much the same to me. I use the long handled fork more often than the shovel.

Comment

After discovering (whilst trying to plant a tree) that I have about 10" topsoil on top of very heavy clay, I bought Wilkinsons fork & spade with shock absorbers in the shaft. £25 quid from Focus and worth every pain-saving penny.

Still bent the tines a bit though!
            You are a child of the universe,
            no less than the trees and the stars;
            you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

My daughter bought me a new fork,you can bend the tines with your fingers.They shouldn't be allowed to sell things that won't work,I'd warn you of where she got it from but I've not dared to ask her,don't want to offend.I'll find a use for it but it wont be digging.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X